No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Respected sir/mam i am among those students who got selected by IBM in 20th may Bangalore .near about 400 candidates selected in bangalore. we have submitted our documents that is told by IBM hr and promised to call within 45 days. after that 9 month passed we did not get our joining yet we tried to connect their official mail they also reply us like -- please wait as soon as possible we will get back to you.

Then they began to release offer letter to those who got selected after our drive we also asked them why there is no sequence they reply this processes happens in batches please wait for a call from IBM. appreciate your patience. within one week when we try to mail them suddenly they reply us sorry regret to inform you we can not proceed further. now where is justice they kept us waiting for 9 months we did not say anything some of us left their join to join IBM and then they are saying they don't have business demands so they cant give joining to those who is selected by themselves.please i request to all of you suggest us what we can do tell us is that legal? more than 400 young fresher suffering its matter of their future life.

From India, Barddhaman
nathrao

Dear anonymous,
Sad to read about this.
But remember there is really no legal remedy to this problem.
Did the company give you anything in writing?
Once the company did not respond after 45 days,you should have realised that probably things may not work out.
Anyway move on and try somewhere else.

From India, Pune
dip876
both of you sir i understand what you are saying and yes we dont have any thing on written but they reply again and again that we will surely get back to you please wait we then got call like will you want to join in the month of october they said it availbility call then suddenly how they can reject us . i am just asking is there nothing that we all 400 candidates can do against it
From India, Barddhaman
nathrao

It is sad and causes heart burn,but legally nothing much can be done.
Probably all 400 can send a joint petition to the company head office and request for reconsideration.
Stress on the uncertainty created in your lives by this behaviour.

From India, Pune
saiconsult

Mere selection and promise of a call in future do not confer on you any right to employment and hence Iam afraid you have any legal remedy.However there is no need to loose hope of a job.You have already lost some precious time.Wisdom lies in looking for alternate sources of employment.There is a saying that if you think you can do a thing, you are right and if you think you cannot do a thing, then also you are right but I only add to it -do a right thing which is keeping the past behind and looking ahead. All the best
B.Saikumar

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mr Saikumar,

You have written that "Mere selection and promise of a call in future do not confer on you any right to employment and hence Iam afraid you have any legal remedy".

What you have written is legally and technically correct. Nevertheless, doing a campus selection and later not selecting the students hardly behoves well for the company of the stature of IBM. These MNCs are expected to show professionalism in their work. This kind of management style would have been suitable for some Indian lala company and certainly not for Fortune 500 company like IBM. By letting down students, IBM has taken a nosedive and established parity, at least once, with the lala company.

HR Heads of these very MNCs go to various seminars organised in five star hotels and give lectures on leadership, ethical work practices and what not. The incident illustrates contrarinesses in their speech and action. Nevertheless, as I wrote in my previous post, the brand image of these companies is so strong that even if this MNC lets the students down for ten times, it will continue to attract the talent. That is the travesty of the job market is!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
saiconsult

Dear Mr.Dinesh.
I entirely agree with you on ethical grounds.Keeping the hopes alive in freshers/students for months together and then backing out is not ethical.But the author of the post sought to know as to what they can do to make IBM to honour their promise. I have only clarified this point so that they no longer waste their precious time chasing the IBM jobs and get down to accepting the realities and move ahead.
Thanks
B.Saikumar

From India, Mumbai
NK SUNDARAM

Dear Hopefulls,
At least, henceforth, never bet on one horse. Keep trying for several companies and settle on the one from where you get a job offer. Never be choosy in looking for select companies with a specific CTC range. Getting the first job is always challenging. Once you land in a company, start learning things and never be greedy to jump into another job within 3 months. Stay on, learn more, strengthen your technical and other skills and bid for your time to move on . Never be in a hurry.
All the best

From India
MADHUMITA18
Why do they recruit people when they dont hav that much vacancy. Its their duty to give us joining , if dey were unable to give den dey should have said it earlier why dey wasted our tym now there is almost no opportunities for 2014 passout. Our lyf has become hell.
From India, Bengaluru
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Madhumita,
This is a public forum but more than that it is a professional forum too. Therefore, convention demands writing posts in normal language. It need not be in complete formal language but neither SMS lingo has place over here.
What you have written is a public post and not one-to-one message in your personal capacity. Therefore, please understand what is de rigueur though it might not have been explicitly written.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.