No Tags Found!

fastanurag

Dear All,
I would like to know that if any employee is working with Central or State Govt and got retired.
The employee has adopted a child after retirement.
Will the adopted child get the benefit of employee\'s pension after the employee\'s death? if yes, what procedure to be followed in this regard.
Can this adopted child also withdraw the any employee fund available with employer?
Please also suggest from where I can get ruling or guide line or any case report in supporting to such adopted child benefit.
Thanks & Regards

From India, Gurgaon
umakanthan53

As far as I know, an adopted child after retirement is not entitled to family pension after the retiree's death. Better go through the Central Pension Rules and that of the respective State Rules.
From India, Salem
korgaonkar k a

Dear Friends,
To my knowledge:
There is age limit for adoptive parents to adopt a child. If the child is between 0-3 years, individual age of the adoptive parents should not be more than 50 years and in case child age is above 3 years, individual age of the adoptive parents should not be more than 55 years.
Single parent also can adopt a child subject to certain conditions. In this case also the upper limit of age of an adoptive parent is not more than 45 / 50 respectively.
Since, as stated above the upper limit of age of adoptive parent in all the cases is less than retirement age, question of adoption after retirement does not arise.

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

<link no longer exists - removed>
Mr Korgaonkar has brought out a valid point.
These criteria was introduced in the year 2000.
However,People can retire before 55 from Government service-like in Armed forces.
In Armed forces ORs (people below Officer rank)retire from age of 35 onwards, so the policy letters/notifcations as mentioned in previous post can be referred.

From India, Pune
korgaonkar k a

Dear Nathrao,
Thanks for your post.
This is to way we learn from each other and enhance our knowledge.
.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

From India, Mumbai
loginmiraclelogistics

Friends,
Thank you all for this information provided. I have a query slightly different. How about a single/unmarried/issue less officer of central services' case. She remains till now a spinster of about 55 yrs.old about to retire on superannuation by 58 or 60. Does she will have the option of introducing an adopted female (or male) adult for receiving post retirement benefits. And the adopted adult happens to be her nominee for bank a/cs and other properties of the employee. This is a case referred to me I would like learned members to guide us in the matter.

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

In the case of an unmarried Government servant-father, mother, step mother only , are entitled for family pension.
What are the entitlements of a pensioner on death?
Basic entitlement is only family pension.
Life time arrears may also arise if death is during service.
For that matter, in the PPO a nominee would already have been named to receive the benefit on behalf of all claimants.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.