No Tags Found!

Anonymous

Hi,
I have joined a 60 people strong Recruitment firm and need to ensure that the organization becomes strong in policy adherance. Please help me with a list of Mandatory policies that must be there in a Recruitment Agency.
Regards
Kalyan

From India, Pune
ukmitra

Hi Kalyan,
One question ...Have you Joined as a Policy Compliance Officer ????.
Rather than making mandatory policy, I suggest you dwell with your 60 strong staff and understand what is things they
1. So much Like
2. Totally Dislike
3. Don't want
4. Surely wanted
5. Hate it
6. Will adjust with
PS: except Salary increment and appraisal.
If you know what I mean above, you will find the answer to your question.
Good Luck
Ukmitra
By the way, I also work for a international recruitment firm

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Anonymous

Hi Ukmitra,

Thank You for your response. That sure is a great suggestion. I have recently (10 days) joined this organization and my previous experience is from a Fortune 20 company. When I joined this organization, I realized that everything around here is on "we ll see on the go". I could have left the organization, but that would have been the easy way out. I now have an opportunity to frame the policies from scratch and change things for the better. I joined here as the Training & Recruitment Manager. For starters, I found grammatical errors on my Offer Letter. I had a detailed discussion with the Board members, They have requested me to fix things up. So, I guess that does make me a Policy Compliance Officer of some sort (LOL)

So, Here I am, trying figure out where to begin. The long and short of it is that I will have to redesign/review/rephrase and create all the policies and procedures necessary for this organization. Any HELP in that direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Kalyan

From India, Pune
ukmitra

Hi Kalyan,
That's the spirit. I like that. Infact, this would make you the "Change Maker" in your company. My big caution to you. You will be viewed as the "Spoiler" and "trouble maker". But the hardworking and diligent "moderate Guys" will love you and "High Performer" will hate you. Ha ha ha.
To start with I first would with "SOP" of the company if they have. If they you don't one, you have a great hand at work to do. You must have an SOP for all the process that you do to do the business. The 2nd line of action I would take, is attack the "Standing Order" and "Employee Handbook". and the 3rd Action would be "Company Policies and Procedures".
I will surely not do this on own. I will form a committee with representative from Management, HR, Admin, Operations and "Staff Representative". The "Staff rep" is an option. Since you have 60 nos, I would drop it. You need to steer the group and ofcourse have a deadline for the work. Good Luck.
Ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
tajsateesh

Hello Kalyan,

Ukmitra has a very practical point when he mentions his 'big caution'.

Be ready to face resistance--Change ALWAYS is countered by resistance, at least to begin with. This would also depend on the level of OVERT support you get from the management--support that is very visible to all the employees. If you don't really have it OR rather have only 'lip service' [which is very common], then your job is doubly tougher [NOT impossible though].

While it's always good & better to involve the employees--which is a good way to get a reasonably accurate feel of the AS-IS situations/processes & make your PoA ready--it's also a bit dicy. You would need to handle it with tact.

Another aspect that you MAY need to be ready with is 'how would all your effort be an advantage'--from the functional as well as procedural/process angles. At the EoD, every individual would look @ such situations from a 'how will this be useful to me/us' angle. If you figure-out & manage to give the right answers, your job is half-done. This is where your interaction with each of the employee could help you.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
Anonymous

Dear Ukmitra and TS,

Thanks a ton for your response. I will start with the big caution that Ukmitra mentioned, The first question I asked the Leadership here when they asked me to do this was "Why do you want me to be the bad guy ?". There are a few senior members here and I am kind of bracing myself to face the retaliation. What I plan to do is bring about the change through them and make them responsible for it. I know its going to be a near impossible task, But I trust my abilities. Once I have the senior members bringing about the change, all I gotta do is to pull the right strings. (Please share your thoughts if this approach sounds good to you)

To answer Ukmitra's suggestion on SOPs. Here's how it is, There are No SOPs, P&Ps, Hand Book or Standing Orders (How cool is that !!). What they have instead is a chain of emails called "Circulars" that have been going around since the Victorian Era. They are basically one or two liners telling people what to do. That is all I have to begin with ...

Now TS, The big question, Why am I doing this ? What's in it for me ? Well friends, I haven't been able to answer that question to my satisfaction yet. However, Every time I try to convince myself to shun it, something withing tells me to go ahead and do it (The feeling from within gets stronger every time). My best guess is, I like the idea of being able to build the nervous system of an organization, it will prepare me for my personal future goals. I know, I may not be appreciated for doing this, but yet, here I am giving it go.....

In times to come, I will hit back to the forum with more questions and I look forward to your continued support.

Thanks,

K.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.