viswa317

Hi all,
After finishing collage, I am working in a small software company for 1 year 9 months, which is in chennai. Today my M.D suddenly said "because of the project needs, i am transferring you to employee of another company with hike and you will get the transfer offer letter tomorrow from the new company".
What are all the things i need to know ?
What are all the things i need to ask to the new and old employer ?
Thanks.

From India, Mumbai
Ryan

Hi
Some questions for you to ask:
1) where is the new company based? is it a sister company or a branch?
2) if a sister company or branch, then check about PF continuity benefit else they will start a new PF account for you.
3) Find out about accommodation - is it being provided? If not, what will it cost? will your new salary hike be sufficient to manage this additional cost? remember you will now have to pay for the expenses of 2 houses.
4) if it is a new company, it cannot be a transfer - it would be a new employment. So find out about that organization from the market.
5) After looking at the new expenses and new ctc check if your take home salary increases or decreases.
That's all I can think of at this moment.
Hope it helps.
Ryan

From India, Mumbai
viswa317

Thanks for the reply Ryan.
Yes, it is a sister company and it is also in chennai, but compare with old company the travel distance is more .
New company told me that "Your experience with old company will carry over with us".
I was get 2.4 lac and now i am going to get 3.6 lac per annum. (it's very hight hike.. i am happy and also little afraid).

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

I do not think you need to worry
Only thing that you probably need to do is to get a letter from the new company stating that you are transfered and that the period of service will include the period spent in the previous unit

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.