No Tags Found!

deepakkumar1987
Hello Sir,
Few days ago i have left my previous job(was working in a nationalised bank) due to selection in another nationalised bank in officer cadre,but there was mistake in my name at one place in resignation letter which i got from my employer(at other two places my name was written correctly).
They wrote deepk kumar instead of deepak kumar.so sir is it ok or can create problem for me?

From India, Guwahati
Harsh Shukla

Hi Deepak, As the error was only in one place and the name is correct in two other places, you have nothing to worry about. All is well. Regards, Harsh
From United Kingdom, Barrow
couvery

Well, it could create a problem if your name mentioned wrongly or having spelling mistake for your name on all the places but it will be no problem if spelling is different at one place as you mentioned.
I would also suggest you to be safer side and ask your employer regarding this so that the it will get corrected to avoid any hassle further.

From India, Lucknow
deepakkumar1987
I have told this to my employer but he told me that it will not create a problem as he told me that there is also employee no. mentioned in the letter.
From India, Guwahati
Mahr

Hi Deepak,
It is better to correct the letter at the earliest. Though the letter has your employee id and your name is written correct in other two places, still why taking chances. Now as you have just come out of your last organization, it would be easy for you to get. If at all you need this after a period, it would not be that easy like how it would be now.

From India, Bangalore
deepakkumar1987
But sir they are not ready to make another one and after telling this they told me that it wouldn't create any problem,so any other alternative sir?
Also i asked this to the bank to whom i am going to join,they also told that ki it's ok.But sir joining ke time jo doc verifyng officer honge unko iss mistake ke bare me bataunga ya nahi?

From India, Guwahati
Arunjain.ncl

Dear Deepak,
First of all Congrats for getting selected in another PSU Bank. Good luck for future.
Now to your question/doubt. Many of the above learned followers have rightly said that error in spelling of name at one place will create no problem. I would just like to suggest that give one letter of information to the previous bank about this fact and don't bother thereafter. This will prove that you had pointed out this error and it's not your fault. However, this can happen at many a times. Don't worry at all and enjoy the new job. Need not point out this mistake at the time of verification of documents by yourself. If the Officer concerned points it out, you may show the letter of information sent to the Bank you left about this error.
Good luck and best wishes once again.
AK Jain
HR Personnel
NCL, CIL

From India, Jabalpur
rama ganaesh

Deepak Bhai,
I assume you are referring to a relieving letter. That's the document an employer releases in reply to a resignation letter from the outgoing employee.
Since your previous bank is adamantly refusing to correct the mistake, you will have to live with it. As others have pointed out, just send a letter to the previous bank by registered post acknowledgement due and forget about it.
BTW Congratulations on your new job.
Cheers,
Sarma

From India, Bangalore
nkulsh

@ AK Jain ... Good Suggestion.
Although there should not be any problem because of this small mistake, AKJain's suggestion of keeping a copy of the communication about the mistake with your previous company will give you a safety net for the future.
Congrats and wishing you all the success in this new adventure.
Cheers
Navneet

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.