No Tags Found!

avsjai

Dear Cite HR Website Support
Greetings
I do understand the message in the box and get reminders from the moderators about this.
Saying \'Thank you\' is a gesture to the person who has taken time to reply.May be it can be done collectively at the end of the day in each threads.
I feel this gesture should not be restricted.
A word of reply will be appreciated.
Regards
AVS

From India, Madras
HR @ TIA Information Systems P Ltd.

I fully agree with AVS.
-----------------------------------------------

From India, Delhi
CHR

We want to encourage users to discuss the discussion topic or material shared instead of posting a 'thank you' post - which in a way makes them feel they have done their part. These posts add to the bulk in the thread and make it difficult for users to read useful inputs.
We may add a member acclaim system which will allow senior members to identify and mark important contributions. We don't want members to post just for "Thank you's" - it tends to encourage people to copy paste material they haven't created just to get those ego kicks.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
avsjai

While appreciating the logical explanations, a humble suggestion is made here. Forum administrators can even request members to avoid non-English vocabularies used in a category that carries highest posts. Even such things do not carry any value to members. A huge bulk in such threads can still be avoided. Thanks for the clarifications.
From India, Madras
Cite Contribution

Greetings,
My two bits on this note. I am in love with the word 'thankyou' . Just as love is blind, I don't need any logic for that.
However, each time , I say this to someone , they often retort back, saying, 'Stop thanking me. It sounds so obligatory' or worst , 'say it when you mean it' !
The only one who never scolds me on thanking, is God :)
I am not complaining, but wish to share a lesson. When we thank, people wants to know why are we thanking them. I want to believe, sharing what one liked, helps the giver make it better next time.
We are all flesh and bones, so every moment is new . I am sure, my learning on the word 'thankyou' will grow far beyond this one reflection. I wait for it :)

From India, Mumbai
avsjai

Happy morning. It is nice to note that this thread has evoked some meaningful message. The views of (Cite Contribution) is simply fantastic and suggestion from Ravi is interesting. Have a great day.
From India, Madras
CHR

My problem is with creating competition - competition for points of whatever kind just gives rise to a different sort of community. For this we will add a thank you button which will just display a list of member usernames [non linked]. Later on when we create the user profile pages which will display a page of the user's contribution to the community. It will display the number but in a non-competitive way.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
CHR

I have enabled a "like" feature which was available in one of our plugins. See how you like it. Regards, Sid
From India, Gurgaon
CHR

It's the same as any "like" feature - the top liked posts show up on the sidebar so that users are able to identify the best posts easily. Other than that there is a likes notification which will show up every time someone likes your posts.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
nashbramhall

Dear all,

How I missed this thread all these days, I do not know. Here is my pennies worth. When I started work in the UK, in 1967, it was bit strange to hear the bus conductor say thank you when passengers gave him the money and the passengers saying thank you to him when receiving the ticket. Similarly, at work, four of us sat 2 facing 2. Sometimes when one had no eraser or penicl, he would say "John, please pass on a pencil or eraser" and then say, "Thanks John". After about a week it just became a joke and we had an agreement that whoever said "Please, thank you", etc., had to put a pence in a box. To cut the story short, we dispensed with such words on a routine basis.

I am one of the Moderators that find it strange that people take pleasure in being thanked and thanking those that thanked in turn. I had posted a note on one of the threads that I started requesteing people not to thank me for the post and add something of value. I like the idea of a button being clicked to show how many liked the post. I have seen that on Amazon.com which has thumbs up and thumbs down signs for review written about products on sale.

May be that I have become cynical after living in the UK where some of these words are used mechanically and the person saying that does not mean it.

I am sorry for the long note.

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.