No Tags Found!

amus03

Hi all,
I am working as HR for a Model making company in Hyderabad. I have attached a ppt on the role of HR in a growing firm.....which I had myself presented during my interview.....I hope it may be also of some use to others......

From India, New Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt hr_129.ppt (403.0 KB, 1202 views)

aguinn

Vijaya:
I found this to be quite well done. Plaudits!
I'd suggest that you add a title page to allow you the opportunity to talk your way into the presentation, and offer a transition from nothing on the screen to immediate presentation of the material.
The only item that I'd add within the core competency slide is that of championing mentoring and leadership. Often that's overlooked as a function of HR, but I find that if there is great support of mentoring and leadership from the HR area of my clients, there's more upward mobility for everyone at each level of management.
Keep up the great job.
Alan Guinn, Managing Director
GCG Worldwide

From United States, Bluff City
amus03

Hi Mr. Guinn,
Thank you very much for your valuable Comments....I would definitely take them as inputs and make sure to include all the points mentioned for the further presentations.....In fact, I had given this presentation and got selected....n working for the same company....though I have been facing some problems here and am currently looking for a change of job....but its just been 45 days since I joined here...and this being my first job, I thought I should take some more time to adjust before I look for a change.....what do you suggest???

From India, New Delhi
aguinn

Vijaya:

I'd suggest that you stick it out longer than 45 days. But then again, I don't know all the circumstances, so it's difficult to offer advice that is applicable.

My personal thinking when it comes to changing jobs is simple, and I'd classify it as pretty "common-sense."

If the long term benefit you'll gain from working for a company is more than the short term pain you'll endure, I'd advise you to stick with it.

If your intent is to develop a corporate persona, and begin to climb the corporate ladder, most corporations want to see tenure in a position. They want to see that you are able to work well with others, that you are able to work your way through issues that arise--especially in the early phases of a job--the position in which you now find yourself.

I hope that's helpful; it may not be what you want to hear, but my assessment of the PPT you presented showed that you have a good grasp of the situation and a good understanding of the issues.

Go with what your "gut" tells you to do. Learn to listen to it. Over the years, I've found that it's more often right than wrong.

Alan Guinn, Managing Director

GCG Worldwide

From United States, Bluff City
amus03

Mr. Guinn,
What a nice explanation! I feel I've found a mentor for myself after reading your comments.....It has been more than an advice that you have given to me...and coming to the situation I am facing right now, it's a one man show here and my boss is the owner of this company. I have been placed here to set up the HR policies and practices in place and make it a better place to work for employees...but as I just said, its a one man show...neither does he listen to anyone nor does he let anyone speak....but just wants others to follow his working style....anyways as u advised I dont want to look for a change soo soon...I'l stick to this position, may be for some more months and also learn how to work with a boss like him.....I really thank you for your advice and I hope to have a long term friendly relationship with you Sir....

From India, New Delhi
jaindivyar

Hi Dear, .
Ths is Divya.
Read the Presentation,short,specific nd up to the point,
covers all the major functions of an HR Professionalthat needs to b executd for a growing firm.
Gud work done......
I am working as HR for a Model making company in Hyderabad. I have attached a ppt on the role of HR in a growing firm.....which I had myself presented during my interview.....I hope it may be also of some use to others......[/QUOTE]

From India, Mumbai
shail_Rag1139
Dear Ahmedabad Members,
This is Shailesh from Dynamic Workforce. We are baroda based HR Process Outsourcing company.
We are looking for a HR Professionals for our Ahmedabad Branch. The job is quite challenging & Core HR Job.
Interested candidates can send their updated profile with their Current & Expected CTC, & total years of experience. Email:
Warm Regards,
- Shailesh

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.