No Tags Found!

raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Team,
There is any regulation particularly mentioned for hand digging distance near underground utilities???
Help me on this case I had a meeting with government they explained us somewhere in regulation mention’s the tolerance distance while doing a hand dig near underground utilities.
Example:
Maintain 36 inch from marks. If digging within 36 inch hand dig to expose and verify lines.

From United States, Fpo
pon1965

I have gone thru IS standards and there is no such regulations available. Metal/cable detectors shall be used and proper precautions taken as per codes. Pon
From India, Lucknow
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Thanks Mr.Pon I had went through OSHA 1926 & 1910 , EM 385-1-1 as well didn't found any regulation but my client strongly said it's addressed in International standard (He gave a chance to find it. . .)

In OSHA its only states regards Excavation;

Before any excavation actually begins, the standard requires the employer to determine the estimated location of utility installations-sewer, telephone, fuel, electric, water lines, or any other underground installations—that may be encountered during digging. Also, before starting the excavation, the contractor must contact the utility companies or owners involved and inform them, within established or customary local response times, of the proposed work. The contractor must also ask the utility companies or owners to find the exact location of the underground installations. If they cannot respond within 24 hours (unless the period required by state or local law is longer), or if they cannot find the exact location of the utility installations, the contractor may proceed with caution.

Team,

If some one will help on this case it will be highly apperciated. . .

From United States, Fpo
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.