No Tags Found!

sandipan_HR
As a HR person should we be aggressive at the time of salary negation stage? As per my MD, we should trap the candidate from his weak points and highlights them. Bring the candidate with same or marginally salary hike. But for this discussion if we suppose that if a candidate is agree to join with a salary with lesser than of his expectation on the basis of situational ground. Would he be continuing for long term or would he be able to give his best effort with his dissatisfaction?
From India, Salai
yash varshney
yes a dissatisfied person will never give his best.dont expect long term from such candidate.tell all these to ur MD.use ur HR skills
From India, Delhi
ram2hr

I Accept with you Mr.Sandipan The candidate who is joiining for lesser salary than his expectation cannot stick on for long term he may quit the job for 2-3 Months he may join your company for time being he may be jobless, nor the pressure from his past employer, or some other personal problems.....the mare fact is for long term what you can do is you can pay him the lesser salary what he expects and tell your MD to fix his salary based on his performance it is clear....
Regards,
Ramkishore

From India, Bangalore
sandipan_HR
Please give some lights on negotiation skills for salary fixation . Should we aggressive and trap the candidate with his weak points ?
From India, Salai
santoshkumarssc

Hi Sandi,
I would request not to negotiate for any candidate about salary. Please maintain the fixed standards according to company norms, industrial norms, positions , city(place), education qualifications, freshers, experience etc etc
Please be like a dignified employer while hiring. Don't look for cheap negotiating skills. Because this is not a vegetable, or a thing which you are buying. It's for well and educated person services . So pay as per standards.
Regards,
Santosh

From India, Hyderabad
pon1965

I agree with Santosh. — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — - Pon
From India, Lucknow
TMi

Moreover, their is cost involved (direct or Indirect) during the process of recruitment and then during induction and training.
This is a recurring cost every time you hire a new resource.
By doing the negotiation, this cost gets increased. We can avoid this by offering as per industry standards.
Regards,
TMi
tm(dot)isysnsol(at)gmail(dot)com

From India, New Delhi
sandipan_HR
Dear Santosh;
I am also agreeing with your opinion. But some times some manager doesn't want to give value of Human Capital, may be intentionally. They makes it like vegetable market. And they also wants to interfere every corners of room. They are in perception that they knows everything and never try to understand that now job market is quite open. For getting and retaining potential candidate ,you have to be good in every aspect.
For example, suppose one engineer candidate who has total 07 years experience out of which core relevant experience is 05 years . At the time of salary fixation , would you be not consider his 02 years non-relevant experience. This 02 years he had worked in engineering field but not in relevant stream. But he worked that period and gathered some short of experience. That may be that not technically relevant. That not means he was out of street. I look forward for your opinion.
Thanks
Sandipan

From India, Salai
santoshkumarssc

Hi Sandipan,
you are absolutely right, Hiring and Retaining an employee in the organization is very difficult. For that we need to be very good in each and every aspect.
For remaining question i will get back to you
Regards,
Santosh

From India, Hyderabad
santoshkumarssc

And if a Candidate has total 7 yrs of experience , in which 2 yrs is not relevant to his stream, in this situation I prefer to go by his previous salary( and give him min 10% to 40% hike in his salary). Rather than company standards as for 7yrs experience person. What do you say Sandipan, in these situation, is I am ok, or what you would have done in these situation?
Regards,
Santosh

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.