avsjai

[IMG]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24200000/Quotes-quotes-24280118-500-333.jpg[/IMG]
__________________________________________________ ________
AVS

From India, Madras
shalininigam

Hi AVS,
An urgent help is needed. I wanted to read some guidelines to set up a small library in my org. And also to make some rules on issue of books and lost of books. If you may help me making this or any link you can send to me to read as I have to do it by today.
Also tell me how to put any identification no. on the books...
Early reply needed.
Regards,
Shalini

From India, Bangalore
boss2966

Dear Shalini

You must make the 11 (AAANNNNNNNN) digit alphanumeric code for all the books. First 3 (AAA) alphabet will denote your office and its location identity. Then 2 digit (NN)(4th & 5th) digit will be the subject of the books like 10- English, 11- Economics, 12- Econometrics, 13- Ergonomics, 14- History, 15- Politics, 16- Law, 17- Commerce, 18- Accounts, 19- Hindi, 20- Urdu, 21- Statistics, 22- Geology, 23- Management, etc and the 6th digit (N) will be Sub-Title like ABC-10-1 - Grammar, ABC-10-2 - Literature, ABC-10-3 - Poetry, ABC-10-4 - Fictions, ABC-10-5 - Dramas, ABC-11-1 - Principle of Economics, ABC-11-2 - Micro Economics, ABC-11-3 - Developmental Economics, etc. Then the last 5 digits (NNNNN) will be name of the book ABC-10-1-11111 - Wren & Martin Grammar Book ABC-10-1-11112, Simple English grammar, etc.

Then you can make the book details entry in the System in Foxpro/Database or in Excel sheet. You can make one more Foxpro / Dbase file with the details of the members of the library (Members of the library can be alloted with some alphanumeric code with 6 digits with their names first alphabet for their first letter of their name, and left out five numeric digits with serial number) which can be linked and made availale for making the issue register and you can make automatic reminder on the last date and if possible you can send/Set a SMS alert for returning of the book.

If you can think proactively, you can do innovation and implement the same in your field.

Wish you all the best

From India, Kumbakonam
shalininigam

Thanks A lot Mr. Bhaskar, Its a great help from your end. If possible may you tell you some guidelines to issue the books, use of the books, loss of the books. Thanks once again.
From India, Bangalore
boss2966

Dear Shalini

You can plan a good reading room, where the readers/referrers should maintain silence.

Whoever wants to carry the books they must submit the books to the librarian and get it endorsed in system and /or in the concerned register and it should be returned back within 3 / 7 / 14 days as per the availability of books and members interest towards the book.

They should not damage the books whatever they are taking

In case of any damage to the book the member has to bear the 25% to 50% of the cost of book as fine.

In case of any loss the member has to pay the cost + Rs.50 or double the cost of the book as the cost of replenishment of the book is more than that.

You can make restriction for the referral books and you can give some instruction that they should not take out the book from the library and they can refer the book in the library itself.

In case of any contradiction in the verses, the library management's decision will be final

like that you can develop more points as within 5 minutes I can write this much points you can also make your own. Try to do and you will succeed Shalini

All the best

From India, Kumbakonam
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.