No Tags Found!

Nora A.Wahid
My query has been answered and I am satisfied with the answer. This website definitely is a great help.
From Malaysia, Taiping
Anurag Jain

This is strange of why have been instructed to write down such letter.
Employer may do, if so they have put the clause in the letter of appointment that " The management of the company may amend or alter your position and job functions in order to best suit the needs of the company "

From India, Jaipur
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Nora
What I understand from your query is, management (employer) has advised you to send a letter (as you are handling HR Issues) to the concerned employee informing of change in reporting from CEO to HOD, this also mentions that no reduction in salary or job profile of the concerned employees
In my opinion, this is a simple instance of informing the employee of change in reporting. There is no such big issue or hassle as long as work is not affected, reporting structure is clear.
In every employment there is certain level of flexibility has to be there to adjust such changes as per business needs. So dont worry about it, you may draft a letter informing of new development. unless there is more to the story which you would like to share and seek opinions.
Do you fear any ego clash ? or hurting ego of the concerned employee due to change in reporting from CEO to HOD ??

From Kuwait, Salmiya
Vasant Nair

Change in a reporting relationship is an administrative decision and is not a matter of demotion at all.

Since you are also handling HR matters, your issuing such notes of communication is absolutely normal.

Yes, the employer has the right to do so.

Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
stalinb
Dear Nora,
Unless the job profile of the employee is reduced, change in reporting boss can't be taken as a demotion.
However, you can expect negative reaction from the employee if there is any pre-existing clash between him and the new reporting boss

From India, Thana
antoprabhu

Dear Nora,
If you have a senior collegue in your department who refused to write the letter to the other colleugue regarding the change in the reporting structure then there is something amiss.
However, if you are the only one in the department ( i am mentioning this since you have mentioned that recently you started handling this position) and the one responsible to give/handle the situation than i dont think there is something amiss.
Probably your organization is structuring itself now in a better way where the CEO wants to delegate responsiblity to his juniors who will be directly responsible as functional heads.

From India, Thana
hr.nav

Dear Nora, I hope you have got enough advice! By the way, I agree Mr. Hussain Zulfikar & Mr. Vasant Nair .
From India, Bangalore
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

Dear Firend,

I don't find any wrong in the change of structure, it is not a demotion. In the begining when the organization is small the managing director / dirctor used to take care of every thing and all used to report to him. When the organization expands the MD may not be able to take care of every thing and he may delegate the authrority to the concerned HODs.

Delegation is a very positive sign for any organization. When there is no reduction in salary / Grade there is no issue to report to some HOD. As rightly mentioned by our other friends it is a right move that the MD has instructed you to write a letter being HR representative / Head.

The organization is going in a right direction. pl. support and explain to your colleagues.

Over and above this your responsibility is high now because most of the employees may be having lot of apprenhensions as they may not be able to understand and accept the change. Change is painful but it is inevitable. Being a HR representative you have to take the initiative and enusre the employees to accept the change otherwise lot of employee turnout will be there. Don't forget that one of the critical role of HR is change agent.

Thanks and regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
Santhoshi.B

Hi Nora, Please find the attached doc to notify the employee. All the best. Santhoshi
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Letter.doc (22.0 KB, 611 views)

Anurag Jain

A document is necessarily required while transferring/deputing an employee to other department/division. This is a nice attempt by Santoshi to document the scanerio.
From India, Jaipur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.