Anonymous
Hi everyone.
I am female,MBA-HR with engineering background.In many of my interviews, panel told me that i am spoiling my career in HR. I should use MBA for future prospects but do job in engineering field only.My rapid growth will be in technical field and MBA degree will help me out in future as add-on. I am working as an HR executive from last 9 months. But I am very confused.Its very much difficult to take decision for me at this time. Please help me out seniors. What should I do?????? Right now, I am about to have an opportunity in mfg industry and also its MNC. So should I continue with HR or go back to technical???? Please pls pls reply as soon as possible.

From India, Vadodara
nashbramhall

Dear Chhaya,
Follow your heart, if you want to be happy. You need to decide what is important for you in life. I started off as an electrical engineer. I thought I should work in engineering. Eventually, studies for management in my middle years and ended up teaching. Sometimes, I feel I should have moved to teaching years ago and not in my late 40s.
If you have not heard or read the fable of Man, son and donky, please read it at Aesop's Fables, by Aesop; The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey Page 1
I hope your confusion will be solved.
Have a nice day.
Simhan
A retired academic in the Uk

From United Kingdom
skgiridhar

Dear Chhaya,
You should have been clear when u opted for MBA still u have not clear in ur vision and goal. First u decide what u want to achieve and move towards that.
And another thing if u r really good in technical then move as u have an added advantage of MBA which will enhance ur skills in the supervisory cadre and will take u to new heights.
Now its left to ur perception.
God bless u

From India, Secunderabad
mkjobhunt

Dear Chhaya,
Exactly at times we are unable to figure out what we want in life what we want to head for and we feel directionless and believe me this will happen every now and then.
One step in you take in career another step you move forward you will feel unstable regarding your decision.So do not worry its nothing like that.As stated by other members talk to yourself try to identify your skills and interests observe yourself for your passion do you want to be in technical line or hr line
And yes sometimes sooner or later whenever we are striving to find our passion we land up with one and it is a general psychology and with most of the people.
So just try to focus on your choices and you will land up with a decision.As if not now at a later stage in life you may land up with your interest
All the best
Regards
MK

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.