No Tags Found!

nachiketh
Hi guys,
Could some one help me out in deciding about the salary hike.
I work as a head-marketing for a real estate company, i m a MBA graduate with 6 years of experience. At present my ctc is 1.8 lac pa. however now i want to ask for the hike, so can anyone suggest me what will be the best salary hike i can ask for.
Regards
Nachiketh

From India, Bangalore
yogaraaj
Hi Nachi,
1.8 lakh seems to be not par with the current market standard and it doesnt commensurate with your total years of experience is concerned. So negotiate for a 100% hike so that you will end up getting 50% atleast. Best wishes.
Regards
Yogaraj

From India, Madras
yogaraaj
Hi Nachi,
1.8 lakh seems to be not par with the current market standard and it doesnt commensurate with your total years of experience. So negotiate for a 100% hike so that you will end up getting 50% atleast. Best wishes.
Regards
Yogaraj

From India, Madras
Ash_1979_K
You are udermining yourself by working with such a low salary try to negotiate hard, 200% of increment is required if your company is not able to pay this much then better to leave and try some other place, with 6 yrs of experiance you must atleast ask for any thing in between 5 to 6 lacs that depends on the location too, if you are working somewhere in the metros then this salary is good enough to negotiate , if your are working somewhere other then metros cities you should go for anything between 4 to 5 lacs.
Thx - Ashish

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
tajsateesh

Hello Nachiketh,

You haven't mentioned if your 1.8 L p.a. INCLUDES incentives, since incentives are usually high in real estate domain.

With due respects to Yogaraj & Ashish, I am not sure asking for any sort of hike IN YOUR PRESENT COMPANY is going to work. Let's be realistic--no company will agree to such level of hikes, especially your company, going by what you mentioned [if they indeed value effort, you would have got your hike long ago WITHOUT asking].

And let's look @ it from another point-of-view. Why didn't you get any hike so far? Any Company gives some sort of hikes--especially to marketing people, since they are the ones who bring in the revenue. Was your performance below-par? Some pockets in India aren't doing well in the real estate sector--are you located in any of them?

If, after self-analysis, you are convinced that you have DONE YOUR BEST on the job AND got the best results, and yet didn't get the reasonable salary hikes, then I can see only one option--CHANGE YOUR JOB. The chances of getting higher hikes are usually high when one changes the job, compared to what one gets within the same organisation.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
nachiketh
Hi,
Thanks guys for your suggestion. I don't think my performance was bad, i can take a bet on that. and we don't even have any incentive systems here, its just the peanut salary i m taking.
Now i have decided to quit the job, i think that would be the best decision. And company is doing good in all respects.
Regards
Nachiketh

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.