No Tags Found!

krishna_raj26@yahoo.com
hi dear professionals
I am working for one pvt organisation now i want to change my job but my doubt is if i face a question like y u want to change job means what should i say and how to impress the interviewer you valuable suggestions are highly appreciated
thanking you

From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello krishna_raj26,

First & Foremost are YOU clear about why you want to change the job?

If you are not, then I suggest YOU THINK VERY CLEARLY & HAVE CLARITY ON THE REASONS WHY YOU WANT TO CHANGE. Then--I can bet anything on this--you will have the answer on what to tell the Interviewer without the need of anybody guiding you.

If you are clear on why you want to change, then you already have the answer to your query. If you still want any specific advice on this Forum, suggest mention clearly why you want to change. Then the most appropriate advice would be forthcoming.

Last, but not the least, I suggest you stop focusing on 'pleasing/impressing' the other person--whether it's this interview or any other interaction. No one has any idea of the nature of the Interviewer & how do you think anyone can give you 100% foolproof advice? For all you know, the very advice which would have worked @ one interview may be totally counter-productive @ another.

Also pl note that what I have mentioned so far above is about "what", NOT 'how'. So even though what you may be saying makes perfect logical sense, if if you don't say it in a pleasing manner with clarity, the chances of your effort going waste are high.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
krishna_raj26@yahoo.com
Dear sateesh I am very thankful for ur most valuable suggestions. here my reason is to change the job is salary present my salary is very less which a uneducated man can earn. I have attended one interview for mnc company but there i was rejected due to this lack of perfectness. and i think lack of communication skills and shortly i am going to attend interview for delloite please suggest me how to face the interview
please help in this regard
thanks
raj

From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello Raj,

How long have you been working in the present job? And in what role?

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that 'salary is very less which a uneducated man can earn' OR 'lack of perfectness'? You did accept the present job--right? Or was it imposed on you by someone else? Then why blame someone or something else for what YOU did? All you can say is: I am not satisfied with the salary--NOT whether it is less or more compared to someone else. I can show you umpteen number of people who are working for salaries much below their qualifications or even past exp--due to the force of circumstances.

My suggestion is: pl don't focus on what's NOT IN YOUR CONTROL. Focus on what's IN YOUR CONTROL--in the present situation, improving your com skills. As you must be aware, comm skills are paramount in MNCs.

And in any interview, you can present your case better like: I am looking for a change for better prospects. Doesn't that sound better--more positive than negative? And if you are further asked for details, you can mention better salary AND responsibilities--since you need to be clear that one can't have better salary without the associated responsibilities.

Also you need to ensure you make yourself 'prepared/equipped' to handle such increased responsibilities--quite a few people want to take the responsibilities that they think they can handle, but in reality can't. Once you convince the interviewer about this aspect, money will follow even without you talking about it--since every company knows that competence has it's own cost & value.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
pon1965

simply say "for better prospects". Everyone knows as to why are you changing. We are not doing charity service. Be forthright. Regards R.Ponraj
From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.