No Tags Found!

gayatrikhutale

Hi Everyone,
please help me. what to talk to candidates while arranging interviews on call.
i usually talk about only vacancy and interview date and timing ,also tries to arrange interview with availability of time of candidates.
But result is very poor, very less people attend that interview. I have got reason may because of my less talk with candidates, it is happening.
So my next strategy is that i have to talk about company profile in details it will help to create big picture in the mind of the candidates.
People please give suggestion for this and please tell me what should i tell to candidates as company profile.
Regards,
Gayatri

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello Gayatri,

It's not WHAT you talk but HOW you talk to them--in fact this applies to everyone to whom you speak to. Choose your words carefully & talk in a pleasing tone.

One of my favourite quotes is this: In all people interactions, it's NOT what or how you think you spoke, but it's how the other person takes it as.

So even if you think you spoke well, finally at the end of the session, if the other person thinks you spoke rudely THIS is what will decide his/her response. And needless to mention, you will be surprised/angry @ the response/reaction, without realising it's YOU who caused it in the first place.

Your idea of talking about the Company is good, but suggest give them the URL of the Company. They will get much more info than you can explain over phone that way.

Also, pl remember that today most candidates having multiple opportunities--with the recession over. So you can't blame yourself 100% for this situation.

Just do your best in the best way you can & things should improve--to what extent depends, like I mentioned, on factors that aren't in your control too. What's in your control--give your best to it.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
HRMUMBAI
U need to sell your company to them tell them what they would benefit and profile n compensation wise ...u need to also talk to them at length and find out what they are looking for and match their expectations with what you have to offer..
It is also very important to stress that they are giving time and somebody an HOD is taking out time from his hectic schedule to meet them
All the best!

From India, Mumbai
Cite Contribution

Greetings,

In addition to the points made by Satheesh, please find my suggestion below:
  • Start the call with description of the company and the role and then switch to seek their understanding on the information shared by you. As you do this, you would be breaking the ice and assessing how much are they interested and their level of knowledge.
  • Post this, probe with questions to find out where their interest lies. Identify the location, vertical, role, brand and cultural preference during this phase. You would find many talents would be more inclined to work in a stable organization whereas others would want to work in an entrepreneurial set-ups with more options rather than getting pigeon-holed.
  • When you have sized up the wish-list of the talent, you may position the role accordingly. A word of caution, please refrain from any bloated representation of the company. It doesn't take too long for the talents to figure out the loopholes and vanish without a trace.
  • Finally , stay as real and positive as you can . Aim to build in a rapport as a talent nurturer with them. You may create a Linkedin group for your company put up all the company details there. Make sure the employees and senior management team members join in . Request the candidate to follow your company there. That way you are offering more options to find out about your company. Interested ones will probe in. This would give them visibility even before they have appeared for the interview. Do post regular interesting updates about your company there. It would send them notification and keep them glued even long after they had interacted. Even if they dont qualify for the role, you would still want them to spread the positive word of mouth about your company. So connecting with in the social network platform will help you get more reference out of them.
Wish you all the best !

Regards,
(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello Gayatri,
After reading (Cite Contribution)'s posting, that reminds me to add one VERY IMPORTANT thing.
NEVER EVER LIE OR BLUFF. It's very easy to get carried away while you speak into giving wrong or incomplete or lop-sided information to candidates [in your anxiety to get him/her interested]. But it is bound to return & backfire on you badly--especially since you are a part of the Employer Company. That's where giving the URL helps.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.