Jennifer Isaac

Dear All,
I have started taking a feedback of all the employees individually by considering the below mentioned points :
a. R they happy working in this co. , their feelings
b. How is ur manager
c. Enjoying with ur work
d. and so on
Got some good responses, some honest opinions, but not all.
What is the other way round, to get some honest opinions.
Can somebody suggest me.
Regards,
Jennifer Isaac

From India, Mumbai
shailendra_deshpande

Dear Jennifer,
Hope you a good health!!!
The points you have mentioned in your post are the parts of Employee Satisfaction Survey.
90 % of the feedbacks given through such surveys are based on immediate or past experience (of about 3 months), hence some time it is believed that HR is getting quite a "realistic" picture about organization and "health" of employees. Hence do take cautions while evaluating these feedbacks.
Another method is continuous process i.e. everyday or weekly discussions with employees. This can be arranged on weekends by small gatherings.
We normally spend Ras. 300 per week for around 50 people. This method helped us a lot to get realistic picture about organization and interpersonal relationships between employees and superiors.
Hope this information is useful..
Regards,
Shailendra

From India, Pune
Jennifer Isaac

Hi Shailendra, How r u, How do u evaluate these feedbacks. And what do u do every week by spending Rs.300/- can u be little clear. Regards, JEnnifer Isaac
From India, Mumbai
ashra

Hi Jennifer,
I agree with the earlier comment of what you’re carrying out being a “Employee Satisfaction Survey”. However no matter how you approach the employees they might not fully reveal the exact situation on times when they’re approached personally. This maybe due to their fear of revealing certain incidents, what their Manager might think of them and so on.
However, when you give out these questions in a questionnaire format and ask the employees to stay anonymous and state their views they really open up because they have no fear since identification is almost impossible. And this can motivate the employees.
At the same time if you do not provide any solutions for the problems or troubles that they are facing this will create de-motivation. Hence Employee Satisfaction Surveys should be carried out tactically and creatively.
Regards,
Ashra

From Sri Lanka
shailendra_deshpande

Dear Jennifer,

We do have social gathering where by we start with general entertainment and then we share common problems faced by individuals. sometimes we asked questions to people at the same platform (for e.g. How to retain quality employees?) and all their suggestions are jotted down first. It gives indication that mgt is listening to them.

Then HR and top mgt people come together to discuss feasible suggestions and implementation is carried out. It gives indication that mgt not only listen but also ACT on ideas of employees. Those people also get recognition in annual or midterm conference which is held for all India basis.

Now for such weekly social gatherings we have simple snacks, soft drinks, etc, which costs us around Rs. 300 for 50 people.

Coming back previous comments by ASHRA, getting Anonymous feedback. In my experience it doesn't solve any problem but rather create more confusion in minds of HR and ultimately it affects further implementations, if any.

Hope it will be useful.

Regards,

Shailendra

From India, Pune
winterprincess
Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?
Apart from that, you also ref more information at: Employee feedback books
Rgs

From Vietnam, Hanoi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.