No Tags Found!

skrustagi
Hi... Pls help me in knowing tax impact if any on my gratuity.
Question: Recvd gratuity from previous company in year 2005 , the amount was just 17k or 18 k approx (nothing was given on paper, straight came to account from company) , now after doing another 5 years job with current org.. I am getting gratuity ...company is asking for declaration whether I have claimed any tax exemption with any previous organization ... what should I declare..

From India
TELIKEPALLI

Dear Friend,
Gratuity is Tax exempted upto Rs. 10,00,000/- from 2010-11 as per Income Tax act,1961 U/s 10 earlier it was Rs. 3,50,000/- so need not to worry about tax.
Friend, these kind of questions raised many times in this forum, My request is just use search button I am sure you will get bunch of information about the same.
I wish you all the best.

From India, Hyderabad
ragini_himt

Please confirm whether an individual can claim a gratuity before completion of 5 years of services or not?
From India, Gurgaon
skrustagi
Thanks, I searched but didn't found specific reply.
Pls suggest If declare that I have rcvd grautity amount of 17k from previous organization, then what would be exempted amount will be 17 K only ..right...

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.