No Tags Found!

lnrhtg
I am currently working as an engineer, however, i have a strong desire to become a soft skills trainer... I am not sure how shall i go about it, which courses should i opt for, which can help me... Please guide me..
From United Kingdom
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,

You should always handle the jobs that justify your qualification. To be a soft skills trainer, does not require qualification of Engineer. I would recommend you doing job that requires engineering qualification. Whatever engineer you are, you have scope to become VP (Ops) or any other VP for that matter. There is no such thing that is called VP (Soft Skills).

There are many who stick to their qualification and handle the job related to it yet they get into their career's plateau after 45 or 50. If you get into soft skills now itself, possibly you may end up getting on plateau by 35 itself.

What you need to do is to find a right mentor who can guide on your career planning!

Thanks,

Dinesh V Divekar

Limit of your words is limit of your world
[I][COLOR=#0000BF][COLOR=#FF0000]

I am currently working as an engineer, however, i have a strong desire to become a soft skills trainer... I am not sure how shall i go about it, which courses should i opt for, which can help me... Please guide me..

From India, Bangalore
ishrj_45
Hi Yamini,
You can Pursue the course through ISTD, Delhi. Please check their website for details.
It is 1 and half year programme in Training & Development and its distance learning which is accepted worldwide.
It is the only recognized course in T & D.
Also go for some Psychometric Certification and try to get some assignments on Communication training.
Thanks,
Isha Oswal
Placement Officer
SICSR, Pune

From Netherlands
TASMAC Consulting
Dear Friend,

To be successful in life one requires Attitude and Aptitude and of course lots of Passion.
As your desire is to become a soft skill trainer, you have to gain all the abilities to become one through various courses and books some of our friends have suggested.
But in soft skill training an important aspect is understanding the other person, for which I don't think any course can be of much help.
I would suggest you to take a job as per your qualification and then probably take training programs in soft skills and side by side understand the human element in your surroundings (Work place, home, social gatherings).
These things would test your attitude and learning through programs and books would build the aptitude. About passion, since all these would tend to drain you, if your passion is not high enough you would automatically leave it before even reaching mid way.
Any qualification is not a good or bad, how we apply it make it.
I have seen lot of engineers move into this space, yours truly is one of them.

Take care,

Rajiv
TASMAC Consulting

From India, Pune
IIDM
have you thought of the + and - of the profession ? have you done your personal SWOT analysis ? Try these to things in written format you will find the directions thy self All the best
From India, Indore
rajni_70007

First of all lemme ask you all a question? What are requisite qualification to become a soft skills trainer?I am a trainer and I have a total experience of 6 years as a trainer.My understanding is you must be part of this industry for sometime,understand what your passion is and if it is training the qualities that you need is a good presenter,adequate knowledge about soft skills and behavioral skills.Then one can do a certfication on behavioral skills like a CPBA.One should have a good knowledge and grasp of the language.The list is endless but the bigger question is it is unlike an engineer.You have to impart something that many people do not understand and ready to accept.Its a challenging job wether you are catering to different audiences.But first do you have the passion?

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.