No Tags Found!

Jhuma Tiwade

Hi all,

I work as an HR Manager for a travel Company.Now our employees were proposing Alt sat'days off.Hence I wrote a mail to all saying we shd prove ourselves by honouring the office policy pertaining to the attendance and so on. And in the P. S. I wrote the TL of a team that hope allz clear. It was with the intention of the matter and not towards her.

She felt offended and I have cleared the matter in writing to her saying that it was not the intention( because she has a habit of questionining all my mails.) Hence it makes me feel incompetent to convey the right message. But in a fury she went to the GM and vented anger. She even demanded a written apology.She has now approached the MD also.It is very disturbing since I had made an attempt to sort.

Sometimes I feel like Quitiing but that would me look like a loser plus the company would need HR during Season.I do not want to ditch.

I don't mind talking to her, i did but now she is showing attitude.Even I have a ego.

Help me as to how do I sort this out. This is first time I have been pulled in an issue. Otherwise my employees and employer are very happy with me.

Pls revert ASAP.

From India, Mumbai
radha ramanathan

Dear friend,
I feel you did your work. Let her speak and ventilate. Resilence and keeping your cool is the need of the hour. As long as you are convinced with your answer; you need not worry. May be your friend is trying to find solace by going pillar to post. She will soon become normal once she realises her higher ups support. Instead of talking to her you can speak to the higher ups to clear your point and leave the matter.

From India, Bangalore
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi Jhuma, ignore her/him. there are fault finders always. just talk to your boss and highlight the issue. don’t apologise. running away from issues is not the solution to any problem.
From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Jhuma Tiwade,
I have read your post. Every HR faces problems of this kind. That is why HR is a thankless job.
You have done your job. However, now from your side you also approach GM and MD and clear misgivings if any.
By the way when you sent the mail to all, did you consult GM or MD. Change of working hours is a decision that is taken at the highest level.
Lastly, have you set the goals for every employee? Is their work measured on KRAs? If their work is measured on KRAs then the working hours become irrelevant. Employees start putting extra working hours on their own.
Ok...
Dinesh V Divekar
Management & Behavioural Training Consultant

Limit of your words is limit of your world
[I][COLOR=#0000BF][COLOR=#FF0000]

From India, Bangalore
Jhuma Tiwade

Thanks all.
@ Dinesh- It was nothing to do with time change. It was basically a request that employees were pushing. And this lady got herself involved.
@ Anupam - I was disturbed a bit.But with the Hr fellas on my side i am feeling confident.

From India, Mumbai
ktmohd
hai dear all if my junior staff got salary increment not consider for me and we are doing same work and his performance is not better than me what i have to do in this situation regards ktmkutty
From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Prithvi Pal Singh

Hi Jhuma,
There is no need of getting upset. Explain your higher ups the actual meaning of the words. It is there support which will dilute the objections raised by one of the employees. The HR brings sanity amongst all & gives guidance for smooth functioning of any company. This should be well understood by every one.
Regards,
Prithvi Pal

From India, Mumbai
subodhdahima
Hi Jhuma
Your colleague is surely a very insecure person and you should just take it easy and ignore her ..... If your bosses ask you for an explanation then only narrate the incident, but don't criticise yr colleague .... All d best.
Subodh D
Mumbai

ninpins

Hi Jhuma,
I think u have just done your job. If your colleague is this sensitive, then avoid any direct references in future. I had a similar colleague and she would always resort to 'nautanki' to gain sympathy or support. This was a tactic to remove focus so that her shortcomings went unnoticed. While one of the bosses saw through her the other was swept off his feet. Nothing new for us. So realise the psyche of your colleagues before any kind of communication. Even when u are right, they need not think so.
Dont worry, this is a small issue. Your bosses know your working style so be rest assured everything will be fine.

From India, Visakhapatnam
vkokamthankar

Ms. Jhuma,

You are confusing and contradicting.

You have mentioned that, employees were requesting alternate Saturdays Offs. This clearly means change in present weekly off schedule. Obviously if at all this request is to be considered, it needs to go to your higher ups. In case you felt like not taking it up to your higher ups, then you should have informed the employees in a plain and simple words that, ‘considering very nature of our business and our stress on quality customer service, we can not keep our office closed on Saturdays, hence your request for Offs on Saturdays can not be considered’.
Whereas your email suggested that, employees are not honoring company policies. Moreover by specifically writing postscript to Team Leader you seem to have suggested that, she and employees in her team in particular are not honoring company policies. Your intensions may be different but your communication seems to be conveying something.

Please always remember any communication going to employees from HR Dept. should be to the point and precise and should never show any bias to anybody. Always draft, refine and refine again and again and then only click on ‘send’.

Anyways you can also approach GM and MD to put your side before them. This kind of things do happen in group environment and you should learn something from each such incidence.

Thanks & Regards

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.