Khalid Munawar

i have been working as HR Executive my boss given me the assignment to give justifications for 05 working days week (saturday & sunday off).
Could anyone help me by providing me the inputs for justifying saturday also a day off
Thanks & Regards.
KHALID MUNAWAR

From Pakistan, Karachi
manish2678

first thing - cos. save electricity/other resources
2. increase employee motivation he spends and do his personal work in 2 days off hence he has less tension about his work results in more motivational..
3. he will take less leaves as his work would have been done in that 2 days off.

From India, Delhi
bhattathiri
There is an important distinction between effectiveness and efficiency in managing.

Effectiveness is doing the right things.

Efficiency is doing things right.

The general principles of effective management can be applied in every field, the differences being more in application than in principle. The Manager's functions can be summed up as:

Forming a vision

Planning the strategy to realize the vision.

Cultivating the art of leadership.

Establishing institutional excellence.

Building an innovative organization.

Developing human resources.

Building teams and teamwork.

Delegation, motivation, and communication.

Reviewing performance and taking corrective steps when called for.

Thus, management is a process of aligning people and getting them committed to work for a common goal to the maximum social benefit - in search of excellence.

The critical question in all managers' minds is how to be effective in their job. The answer to this fundamental question is found in the Bhagavad Gita, which repeatedly proclaims that "you must try to manage yourself." The reason is that unless a manager reaches a level of excellence and effectiveness, he or she will be merely a face in the crowd.

From India, Kochi
Paladin

Without knowing the nature of the business - manufacturing, IT, , support, customer service, etc. - my first inclination is to suggest that you operate on the same level as your customers, or industry. After all if there is no one there when the phone rings, the caller will go on to the next number, and your firm has lost a potential opportunity.

Having said that, you may want to consider a "rotating weekend", where a percentage of the workforce (25%) has the "duty" while the rest are off for 2 days. Under this plan, an employee would have the benefit of 3 "short" weeks a month, while the company still has someone to "answer the phone".

With the "short" weeks, they can plan to spend more time with the family, travel, meditate, and in general relax and rejuvenate from stresses at work as well as prepare for the week ahead

The employer gets the benefit of a well-rested employee, freed from stress and thereby physical and mentally prepared for the work ahead.

Another thought: Why Saturday-Sunday, and not Sunday-Monday? The latter would allow employees to take care of personal business on their own time, potentially reducing absenteeism during the regular workweek.

Of course this schedule would dictate the level of "on duty" personnel to raise to 50%, and the rotation would be weekly or bi-weekly, according to the input from employees, and the needs of the business.

Hope this helps.

PALADIN

From United States,
Santosh Iyer

Hi Mr. Khalid,
I fully agree with Manish.
1. Energy saving
2. Employee gets motivated
3. Day to day costs (overheads) incurred on the employee gets reduced.
4. Transportation cost gets reduced.
5. Absentisum is minimal.
Hope this should satisfy you. The whole outcome of the above depends upon how skillfully you are able to present it to the management. I would suggest you to make a presentation out of all the suggestions recieved by you & consult the seniors in our forum.

From India, Pune
rakhee
Hi,
what i feel is that you can definitely take into consideration all the suggestions given by other members.But one important thing is that you should prioritize according to your requirements.It is also not clear what is the reason behind such kind of an initiative.
Of course ,this step will definitely help to improve the work life balance of the employees.It will be helpful for working mothers.Thereby stress level of the employees will be reduced.Relaxed employees will be more productive.Cost saving for the organization though reasonably low in comparison with the revenue of the organization if it was working for 6 days a week cannot be ruled out.

Khalid Munawar

First of all thank you for the feed back. Actually we are a distribution/Marketing company having a network of branches. We want 02 days weekly off for Head Office only which comprises of supporting department only (e.g. HR, Finance, I.T. etc.). currently at Head Ofiice we have Saturday Halfday Working (we want to converted to full days off).
As far as cost saving is concerned the working hours of saturday will be distributed to the remaining working days, So i think the cost saving factor is eliminated. Also i want to know how it can be beneficial to the employer as well. So that employer can be convinced to declare weekly 02 days off.
Thanks & Regards
KHALID MUNAWAR

From Pakistan, Karachi
Khalid Munawar

First of all thank you for the feed back. Actually we are a distribution/Marketing company having a network of branches. We want 02 days weekly off for Head Office only which comprises of supporting department only (e.g. HR, Finance, I.T. etc.). currently at Head Ofiice we have Saturday Halfday Working (we want to converted to full days off).
As far as cost saving is concerned the working hours of saturday will be distributed to the remaining working days, So i think the cost saving factor is eliminated. Also i want to know how it can be beneficial to the employer as well. So that employer can be convinced to declare weekly 02 days off.
Thanks & Regards
KHALID MUNAWAR

From Pakistan, Karachi
Khalid Munawar

Thanks & Regards
KHALID MUNAWAR

From Pakistan, Karachi
Khalid Munawar

Thanks & Regards
KHALID MUNAWAR

From Pakistan, Karachi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.