No Tags Found!

hrsathya
Hi R U losing your temper at work? Regards Sathya
From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc are_you_losing_your_temper_at_work_718.doc (25.5 KB, 196 views)

hrsathya
Hi, HRu? This article was published in Rediff.com. May be it is belongs to u. Any way intention is to pass on the article to make use of it. Regards
From India
Dhinakaran

Dear Sathya and Sudnder :

Thanks for the article - kudos to Sathya to have brought to the notice of the forum through which many will be able to access.

Well loosing temper - can it be avoided totally.

At times when your sub-ordinates or others do not show the level of responsibility and accountability they are supposed to, despite advising, educating, guiding and requesting them to complete a task - rather an urgent task - if the subordinates do not show the sign of attempting to complete the work - (pls note it is even attempting to complete than to complete the work) - a bit of hard words and a pressure will bear the fruit.

Loosing temper means, showing your displeasure, unpleasantness and unhappiness with regard to non-completion of the work in the required fashion within the time frame, in a different tone of voice than the normal voice, a bit harder and demanding, has resulted in the sub-ordinates completing the work.

Loosing tempers always for unnecessary reason will certainly land up in problems.

I think loosing one's cool very rarely makes many in the organisation to reform themselves and meet the challenge more better.

In one of my previous stints with an enigneering organisation, the MD of the company lost his cool because his directions on improvement of the quality and working of a machinery was not taken seriously.

Due to this all he did was just banged the door of the dept forcibly and got off in his car driving himself leaving the driver back in the org abruptly.

This show of displeasure was taken very seriously by the employees who worked hard and completed the task by staying back after their shifts voluntarily and informed the MD to visit the factory to inspect the machinery after his directions were carried out. The MD visited and upon testing the machine, the result was as desired. He whole heartedly congratulated the full team.

Well the above incident may prove that loosing one's temper with real reason will be taken in the right spirit by the employees than by many requests/reminders etc.

Opinions could be different and varied on this. But still I just wanted to share my views on this.

Regards

:: Dhinakaran

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.