No Tags Found!

archana.hr
hi to all!!!!!!!
Our company is engaged in consultancy sector.we are engaged in provisding services in areas like taxation,financing,placement,etc.Being a concultant,knowledge is power forus so we have a system of conducting KSS(knowledge Sharing session)every month where all the divisions taxation,financing,placement,etc. share the knowledge of their field with rest of the staff by giving a presentation.
But since some time we are facing resistence from staff members regarding participation in KSS.So we are planning to change the format of conducting it.Kindly give me some ideas.
Thanx in advance
Regards,
Archana:icon1:

From India, Bangalore
jnanesha.ks
Ms.Archana, Add KSS activity in their KRA (Kea result area). This will be considered during annual appraisal. Cheers
From India, Mumbai
archana.hr
i have planned organizing the activity as divisional day whereby each division will organise activities realted to their division every month.activities like quizzes,puzzles ,ect will foram a part of this session.but still iam doubtful for its success?
actually here employees complain that they are already loaded with work and they see it as burden to participate in activities like this.its another matter that many a times workload is just an excuse?
my concern is the lack of interest among employees.whenever asked for feedback they say that the activity shud b organised but the participation is again not upto the mark.
i have a question does relating the participation to incentives / monetary benefits will attract the employees to this program?

From India, Bangalore
jnanesha.ks
In knowledge management, sharing is one key success. However, it’s not easy to embraces the whole staff in organization to exchange knowledge that they have. Exposes what we know is still hard to do, especially in high competitive environment. Employee needs to keep the knowledge as their speciality that increases their value for the company. To overcome this problem, a management should be clever to persuade their employees to give what they know or knowledge in the head. This is not an easy thing, but if the management successful to ensure all organization member to do knowledge sharing, that will brings a lot of benefits for the organization and its employee.

What will organization got from knowledge sharing activity? of course it will increase their organizational knowledge. Organization will have a ‘bank knowledge’ that comes from their employees, that ready to use anytime and by anyone. The bank knowledge will be embedded into organization forever, even though the key person retire or leave. The organizational knowledge can be used to improve productivity, where staff can used it anytime they found similar cases, so they do not need to draw the same solution. The organization can learn from the past, so they will easily to move on. This is happen when organization had failed in one project, thus, they will learning what is the causing of the failures. Organization also can predict the future through knowledge that they have, and promotes innovation of the product and servives.
Now, what is the benefits of sharing knowledge activity for the employee. This is a big question that appears in employees’ mind. Do I get benefits from sharing what I know? do I get a reward if I exchange my expertise? or will I lost my specialty and good position if I share my knowledge. Many questions pop up before the employee sure that sharing knowledge will bring benefits not only for organization but employee as individual. Through sharing knowledge, employee will get new skill, ability and experience, can solve the problem quickly, increases individual credibility and adds positive value. The employee also become more competent and easily to replace each other.
After describing the benefits of sharing knowledge from both organization and employee perspective, it is time for the management to creates sharing knowledge culture and motivates the employees to do so. There are some ways that can be implemented:
1. Develop trust between management and employees, and among the employees. Trust is important thing, where employee feels save to give their knowledge to the other without worried of losing it, or afraid that the organization is cheated on them.
2. Provides open minded environment, this is another way to encourage employee to share knowledge. Open minded environment is a condition where everybody is willingness to give what they have to each other.
3. Promotes reward system, rewards could be either financial or non-financial. Financial is related to money, bonus, and incentives. On the other hand, non financial includes promotion and compliment. Reward system is applied for whom conduct knowledge sharing within the organization.
4. Direct approaches from management to employees, it could be any action that showing the closed relationship between management and employees. Good and friendly communication is one example.
5. Creates’ family’ environment, the one key success of Japanese companies is by treating colleague as a one big family. When we work in a ‘family’ environment it will increase trust and willingness to share and help the other.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.