No Tags Found!

Niharika Kriplani

Hello Friends,As an HR representative, I have a responsibility of coordinating Monthly Meeting every month. I am conducting it from last one year and we discuss various departmental briefings, general agendas, Suggestions, ideas, announcements like Employee of the Month, Monthly titles etc in the meeting. Initially team-members were very enthusiastic and they used to participate a lot in the meeting. Now my concern is that the interest levels of members have decreased and thus their participation and attendance also reduced over the period of time. Another major concern is that team-members even do not come up with new suggestions or ideas. What steps you people suggest to increase team-member’s attendance and participation in the meetings? With Warm Regards, Niharika
From India, Bhopal
Prativa

Hi Niharika,
To make the session interesting and to get a good number of emoployee participation, you need to think differently.
Discuss something new to the employees..Is there any fun team in your organization??
If yes..it is OK
If not..then please think about it...
:):):):):):):)

From India, New Delhi
bhawanamaheshwari16
hi niharika i m completely agree to pravita.............try some thing new...........n try to present this thing in different manner............conduct fun activities in this sort of session
From India, Delhi
Niharika Kriplani

Hi, Thanks to both of you. I don’t have any separate fun team in my organization. Can you suggest me any fun activity which can conducted in the monthly meeting?
From India, Bhopal
samswish

You can arrange for games like Housie, Shayari's.
You can also organise different groups and ask hem to play Skits. The winning team/department can get a gift.
As you say you arrange for meetings each month, you can accompany it with Dinner Party's.
But the success of these again depends on Employee participation.
Thanks
Sam

From India, Pune
SRINIVAS.CH
Dear Niharika,
Make sure that you are giving positve feedback to the ideas generated by members during the meeting.. encouragement and support for new ideas gives more energy to come up with new ideas..
If possible try to give a gift for the innovative idea of the month, among the group.
This time plan the meeting in a different place.. arrange the monthly meeting over a lunch in any restaurent..
if u feel that is costly affair, make it internally.. conduct some games.. arrange some snacks, tea, coffee etc..

From India, Bangalore
jgair
You might want to try a small prize for coming up with ideas. How about short entertainment from a magician to liven up the meeting or even open the meeting. Josh
From United States, Ocoee
sambasi

• Make each department to make a power-point presentation ( 5 minutes) on HR related issues in his/her department during the month.
  • You make your own presentation at the end
  • Meetings should be short,say 30- 40 minutes.
Review whether
  • Participants spend too much time explaining background that everyone else knows
  • Given an opportunity, members, side-track onto some other issue?
  • Is there any issue that can better be discussed individually with each of the participants?
  • Can interruption(s) be avoided?

From India, Madras
pratibharathi

You can have pot pourri arrangements in every meeting Each and every member will make some dish from home and will share in a group. That is pot pourri... Rgds Pratibha:razz:
From India, Calcutta
Dakshina murty

Dear
You should try some thing new . Some times shift meetings to new place, even a filed area is better , you know people always wanted some thing new , make them to compulsorily participate in the dicussions, give each one of them time of 5-10 minutes to speak out, this will enhance interest levels as well participation
Good luck
cheers
B.Dakshina murty

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.