No Tags Found!

rr.vijay@yahoo.com

Hai frnds,
I like to share this story that i came across recently.
One day a man came across 3 stonecutters working in a quarry. Each one was cutting out a block of stone. Curious as to what they were doing he asked the first stone cutter what he was doing. “What? Are you blind?” the stone cutter shouted, “Can’t you see, I’m cutting this stupid piece of stone.” Shocked but still no wiser the man turned to the second stonecutter and asked him what he was doing. “I am cutting this block of stone to make sure that it’s sides are straight and smooth so that the builder can build a straight wall.” Feeling a lot better but still not really any wiser the man turned to the third stonecutter, who seemed to be the happiest of the three, and asked him what he was doing. “I am building a cathedral,” the 3rd stonecutter replied.

Regards.
Vijay,Chennai

From India, Madras
nashbramhall

Dear all,
Unless it's our own story, we should be giving proper reference to where we got the story from. For example the following site gives a different version of the above story with some explanations.
Steve Rowe's Blog : The Three Stonecutters
Simhan

From United Kingdom
Sowmini

If you have the information on source, you can give.
If you don't have it, i don't think it is a sin.
It happens.... at times that we receive lot of good things through mails and we don't know the source. In such cases, sharing is the only motto to post it in this forum. I don't think it is in the idea of snatching the credit from the originator.
Not all are well "informed people" to know about all the sources all the times or to create new things every time. We still learn lot of things by going through this site for various good articles and stories.

From India, Madras
nashbramhall

Thanks Sowmini for your comments,
If people are posting what they get by email, it's prudent to say so. We can at least make an attempt to find the source by searching the web. I have seen posts in citehr where this site has been criticised for allowing such posts.
It did not take me more than 5 mins to find that story on the web.
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.