No Tags Found!

PriyankaDangey

Dear All, I am working with a growing company as an HR manager. I just need to know how can I stop the office politics, as it is really disturbing the office decorum. Regards, Priya
From India, Delhi
shwe11

We all must have been a part of office politics or I must put it like this way that victims of Office issues....I am sure everybody must have gone thorough this in different phases of working career...My personal experience is very bad. I work in US based MNC and my boss is one of the most difficult personality I have came across in my 4 yrs of working experience...I understand coping up with this is not that easy but trust me not that difficult also.....In our Corporate culture it is always said that "Bosses are always right" and if you confront then you can be in the trap.....I personally suggest that in this scenario one should remain calm...should take criticism in more positive manner.....I think if you plan a strategy to kill the office politics against us we can easily push it off..The best ways to do this would be:

1) Be genuine & honest towards your work/Task
2) Pay attention to the task assigned and try to finish that in the time period with atleast 90 % accuracy..
3) Try to avoid groupisum in office...should be mutual with all within & outside the dept...
4) Try to win other's trust(Most important in HR terms)
5) Ask for more responsibility & be dedicative towards that....Take initiative and emerge as a team lead
6) Try not to control the collogues but to lead them
7) Avoid taking much tea/coffee breaks.....or gossiping...
Try to avoid miscommunication by being more clear and to the point...
9) Discuss(If required)....
10) Apprise him whenever you are through with the job ...via Email...
11)If sharing some data /details with some teammate always mark CC copy to your boss....
12) Try to be kind to all even at the odd hours
13) In case of worse situation do communicate to the point without any hesitation....and that too face to face...
14) Make a tracker for yourself to manage time and tasks
15) Despite all the disputes give your ownself a months time and perform your duties/routine jobs with more dedication.

I am sure that if taken into considerations little little things do make a big impact......People around will defiantly notice the changes and one will be out from the dirty politics..... I have personally done this and 80% I have succeeded...My boss is fine with me...I can communicate better with him....Initially i used to avoid him but now I deal with him and try to do work accordingly....

This breakdown is mostly dealt by employees at the executive levels...Hope my experience would be learning for many of us sailing in the same boat...
Thanks
Shweta Jaitly

From India, Coimbatore
PriyankaDangey

Thanks a lot for the replies, I am more concerned about the employees who are the victim of the Office Politics. As an HR, can't we reduce it till some extent, frankly speaking I don't want any type of Politics in my Company, there is no transparency among each other. Everyone is trying to cut others, even juniors are bypassing their seniors and going to the Top Management directly. I hope now it is clear to you all, that I am worried about the Office Politics as an HR.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.