No Tags Found!

archnahr

Hi all,
I'm looking for a support from all of you for a work I'm doing.
I hope you all will help me complete my work asap, I need your support in contributing real life cases that happens in and around your companies and organisation related to "COMMUNICATION".
Anything which you feel is worth putting on papers is welcome. It can be related to channels of communication, informal communication, real life barriers to communicating well, mis communiction, and any other good and bad cases from your professional life.
I hope I can get this support from all of you.
Thank you in advance
Archna

From India, Delhi
archnahr

Hi Vrishi,
Thanks for the articles, they are surely of help.
I can take out lot many things from the articles but I want some real life examples that we face and handle in our day to day life.
Thanks a lot.
I want others also to help me with this it is quite urgent.
I will be grateful to all.
Thanks
Archna

From India, Delhi
vinay22.professional

Why dont you start discussing the specific areas related to communication. May be "communication with subordinates" is more specific, so that we can collect more on it. And then carry on from there,
I would try to provide you with what ever material I have with me.
Regards,
VINAY

From India
archnahr

Hi Vinay,
Thanks a lot for your post.
But I am not looking for any specific topics or cases in communication, it can be anything or everything related to communication.
What I want to study is any real life cases where communication of any type has played an important role.
If you can contribute anything on that, It would be just wonderful.
Thanks once again.
Archna

From India, Delhi
vinay22.professional

There is one example of how communication can help to relieve stress, that I can give to you.

One of my friends recently consulted a Doctor, to get rid of his "Head-ache". And the Doctor started asking him,

Do you have any tension?

Do you sleep late in the night, why?

And Do you have any project tension?

Do you have any responsibilities which make you tense?

Are you not sleeping or not being able to sleep because of tension?

Do you read more because of upcoming exams which make you tense?

Do you tend to concentrate more on one particular thing at a time, such that you get agitated and tensed when someone disturbs you?

and so on.

Finally, My friend who is doing M.tech at IISc. got up and said to the doctor,

Thanks sir, That was a good lecture indeed on different kinds of tensions. Now I came to know the real reason for my Head-Ache and

Dont worry, I'll get rid of it. Thanks again for the lecture.

So this is the way, in which sometimes, repititive use of a word can create humour and relieve you from stress. That happened to be the solution for his Head ache in this case.

Regards,

VINAY

From India
kusum

Dear Archana,
It would be nice if you could design a questionnaire related to what you are looking for. your topic sounds good and practicle. In fact, It is my area too. Let me see. I'll try to think on the same lines and send as soon as possible.
DK

From India, Mangaluru
archnahr

Hi kUsum,
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
But dear, questionnaire is generally used when you are looking for something specific, and my requirements are very broad.
Also, questionnaire will not be able to extract as much informationas cases can.
Cases are more subjective and ths is the kind of information I'm looking for.
If you have any real life examples, that would serve my purpose.
Cheers
Archna

From India, Delhi
santhosh jacob

Hay archana

I can tell a real life incident of my organisation which was because of miscommunication. I work as a Area Development Officer in a service industry for a well known Private University in India. On one particular day I was suppose to meet a local Bank manager to arrange for educational loans for our students. SInce I had some personal work I thought I could combine my personal work and then continue to go to the banker and informed through phone the Admin Officer who is incharge for recording the movements of the staffs. When I told him that I shall combine both the work, he asked me not to do that but he would project to the principal as if I had gone for the Official work. I said OK. Later he had told the Principal of our college that I had called him and said 'some work was there and he will come late'. This irritated the principal and he called me through phone and started talking in a tone whichwas as if I had not gone to the bank and I was taking advantage. I got irritated by his tone and started answering him ina harsh manner and I told him that he should not check my loyalty towards the organisation and kept the phone. THe Admin Officer who had been waiting for a long time to see a drift in the relationship between me and the Principal told himthat I had applied for a job, and only because of that I used harsh words. The principal who believed this sent an e-mail to the headquarters stating that I have left the organisation. You should note that all this has happened in 24 hours. Since the top management knows about my performance the top guys came running from the headquarters to see that I continue here. So I rejoined after taking leave for 2 days. They went and shouted at the principal and principal did not have face to see me for the next 2-3 days. I told the management what has happened and who has miscommunicated to assasinate my image. Henceforth, the top management insisted that there should be no mediators between me and the Principal. Now the flow is smooth and the communications flow directly to the Principal who understands the message clear and precise without any hype or reductions which has again contributed for my fullest performance towards the broader vision of the concern.

So what I request is that if incase there are anything to be informed to the boss, do not keep any mediators, or else you may have to face much problems than I faced.

From India, Madras
archnahr

Hi Santosh,
Thanks a lot. This case on Miscommunication is really very interesting.
Even One of my friend faced the similar incidence in her professional life. This case will surely help me.
But I need to know about the general behaviour of the person who created this problem in your life. It would be good if you can tell me a little details about him, that would be of help.
Thanks once again, I really am grateful for your contribution.
Regards,
Archna

From India, Delhi
sabarivenkat

Dear Archana :

Keeping aside the theoritical part - abt types of communication, the methods etc,. if we go by the 'bigger picture' of communication, then,

... 'COMMUNICATION IS WHAT IS BEING UNDERSTOOD... "

If a communication is not going to convey the purpose or effect the desired result, it would be a total failure. The same is the effect, if the communication is not going to be interpreted in the expected manner. The resonsibility, hence, lies with the communicator.

I was working for a leading photocopier manufacturers, in the position of Exec. Secy to GM- Mktg. Lots of promotional schemes, pricing bulletin, marketing info etc used to be circulated through out India, originating from Marketing Dept. As a thumbrule of "doing it right the first time", the GM used to test check the understanding of the communication from atleast 2 persons from each deparatment (cross functional), before releasing for circulation finally. The practice, I follow till date when it comes to crucial communication. This has not only avoided misinterpretations down the line but also ensured the desired outcome.

Can share more... after the forum shares...

Rgds. Venkat

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.