No Tags Found!

kvmksrinivas

Hi Randi
It's not like that. The debate here is "Is it mandatory for Practicing managers to have an MBA or PGDBM or equivt or not". As U rightly said one has to hone up his/her skills continuously and keep referring latest trends emerging across the globe. But, basically a qualified person will have an edge over others and hence, the need for formal Professional Degree. I do endorse with u that elevation must always be considered in line with the potential upgradation one accredits.
Have a nice day.
Srinivaskvmk

From India, Hyderabad
Roop2006

Hi all..
I think the preference will definately be given to MBA ..if u see in mostly all the MNCs and CMM and PCMM level 5 organisations ..the desired profile if MBA as in tehy put MBA in their pre-requisites ..so in tht case the graduate can never nevr apply in those orgns irrelevant of the number of experience they have ..
Myself is a Graduate with 5 years of expeirnce in HR but when i apply for jobs for HR Manager or even AM HR position they say we need only MBAs for Manager position ...
SO i think yes MBAs in HR wil definately take over an edge over Graduates with 10 years of experience.
Regards
Roop..

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
sundarjan

Dear:
An MBA in HR is a professional who has studied not only about HR but also about so many other connected subjects like Management, Finance Management , Materials Management, Systems Management, Organizational Design and a host of other subjects like Strategic Management. In all 21 subjects are dealt with normally by any MBA student. Added to that there is a Project Study
which gives a hands-on experience on the subject. His overall knowledge will be terrific because of the extensive knowledge of varied subjects as well as intesnive knowledge on the specialization subjects. It does not matter whether one has done the MBA thru correspondence or full time or part-time. The Course initiates you in a whole world of knowledge. Finally it depends on you as to how you make use of it. Also one should be a continuous learner as knowledge is knowledge only when it is current.
R Sundararjan

From India, Madras
pbskumar2006

Dear Friends,

Some times a lay man may is far better than an education man.

Even though we equired more qualifications the person who is having experience is more better for practical works. The management is always seeking the things should be done either hick or crook. The qualification is useful only just like 'Licence'. But one more thing is only textual knowledge is not sufficient, you should implement what you studied in an amicable way.

"Education means that process by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, and intellect is sharpened, as a result of which one can stand on one's own feet". - SWAMI VIVEKANANDA

My boss is a graduate only, but he is having a vide knowledge on P&A section. But my self is having 13 degrees in hand including Graduation and Post Graduation and PG Diplomas. But I am always proud of my boss because he is having good practical knowledge how to face the problem, the management wants that thing. But the systems implementation a qualified person is needed.

EXPERIENCE MAKES MAN PERFECT.

Regards,

PBS KUMAR

From India, Kakinada
Jeroo Chandiok

I should like to repeat what I had said earlier :

"I have been an external faculty member in several management institutes and would like to share my experience. Very generally speaking (there are notable exceptions however), a graduate or even a post graduate student may have excellent academic qualifications and distinctions, but if he/she cannot apply book knowledge, however excellent, to real life situations practically and pragmatically, then it is a waste of time going in for post graduate degrees which are just a few letters added to his/her basic qualifications.

Such (non-management) graduates can safely join an organisation at the lowest executive grade and be able to adapt themselves to corporate life and learn and absorb the corporate culture and knowledge base as early and easily as they can.

Older HR managers who did not have access to obtaining MBAs or PGDBAs when they were entering industry, nevertheless through diligence and aptitude, managed to make successful managers, and can guide and groom the management graduates under them. Why HR managers only? Heads of both multinationals and Indian houses have risen to their posts without management degrees.

Having said that, managers, with or without management degrees, can, at any age, through management courses, seminars, training and development, networking, increasing their knowledge base through books and the internet, hands on experience, etc. can mould themselves into the best.

So, coming back to the original question, which is better, an MBA or a PGDBA, the real answer is : NEITHER - it is what the student acquires from any management degree from any institute and applies it to real life that matters - and hands on experience at any level is a definite plus."

From India, Mumbai
jitendra.pomendkar

hi,
These days MBA and other relevant degrees have assumed importance to get better jobs or positions. It reflects learning attitude .more the degrees more knowledge is what people perceive.
But important is subject knowledge and hands on experience. for that one dont require degree.
regards
jitendra

From United States, Boston
boscodsouza
Hi Gandhi,
Indeed a topic which befits my personal experience.
I have been in leadership roles for most of my working career.which spans over 3 decades.
It is really important to get a formal study. today i am in a position where I am updated and at par with the latest developements in HR management.
Bosco

siva ram
Hi All,

I strongly accept the point that prior to doing MBA/PGDHRM, some related work experience is very important.when I like to say about my case,Im basically a B.E graduate working as a recruiter in a small consultancy with nearly 2yrs of experience having an idea to do some corres course in symbiosis(PGDHRM) thinking that it will help me in becoming a HR Exe/Mgr one day and thats my passion too.Now im in great confusion whether to do HR courses or not since from my circle Im getting diffrent of suggestions that

1.As a recruiter to move to HR related job MBA is the must,since all the corporates for their reputation hiring the MBA/PG.. peoples.

and also

2.A UG degree itself enough to become a HR Exe/Mgr.More over doing MBA is not so easy since my work time is some what long and also the corres course is not so worth giving you the good knowledge when compared to the regular which will be given more important by the corporates.

3.No need to go for any of the HR role posts.Even in the recruitment you can gain good designation and earnings.

Now im in great confusion what to do next for my betterment.All the above suggestions may or may not true in some angles,but I like to know a comparitive and current market trend Since people like you may experienced these types of scenarios i need your help to get a solution.

-Siva (siva345@gmail.com)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.