govind

Dear All
Yes. If you are careful and take time to read carefully, it will help you.
Also, if one takes trouble to see the envelope, if it is a hard copy which
has been submitted by candidate, even that will speak many things to you.
Everything helps one to make a better decision.
Provided we have sufficient time for it.
Best Regards

sreekanth_vu
Dear Shaitan,

I don't agree with Mr. Venu, however, every recruiter has their own way. But What Mr. Venu shows is not a true professionalism, because even though that profile was a good one and suited his requirement, he wasted it just because of his this type or attitude, ultimately he wasted his time and energy in sourcing and i believe he lost may be a good candidate.

Anyways i don't want to hurt anyone's feeling, if i did i m sorry.

As far as me is concerned covering letters doesn't have much importance when you are looking for good profiles. Why i don't look much into the covering letter because it is not going to give much idea about the candidate and his profile. He will just write on the covering letter the reference from where he learned about the opening and briefly his suitability about the position. I don't think this will give any advantage to the recruiter. And i think ultimately it is a waste of time for the recruiter to read the covering letter.

This is only my opinion and i don't belive anyone may agree with this.

Let us see more views on this.

Regards,

Sree

From United States
K.Ravi

Dear Govind & sreekanth_vu
THANKS FOR UR VIEWS ....
Dear sreekanth_vu,
I am of your view only.
It is totally understood that in the cover letter there is just a formality, that the candidate tells the ad of newspaper, website, etc etc and he is interested to apply for the position.
But if we directly get to the resume, we can immediately find out whats in and whats not. Some people boast in their cover letters and later when the resume is seen by recruiter , its a fused cracker in the resume. Better directly get to the point, unless u want to analyse which website, newspaper bagged the most attention of candidates from the references they give in cover letters .
THANKS A LOT ...
MORE VIEWS APPRECIATED>

From India, Pune
Raul.

Hi Folks.
From a recruiter point of view i would say its not a must for me but yes if its there with the resume i will love to see it.
Next it depends on the cover letter and the applicants intellectual and writing skills to put forth the points with least words in relation to the position he is applying.
Regards
Raul

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.