No Tags Found!

jkumarjk

Hi
Instead of correcting the grammar, let us focus on the issue. This matter would have got solved if Mr. Chintan and his boss had one-to-one discussion and close the issue.
Instead of having open communication, they have chosen e-mail exchange which is not called for and ending up on discussing the right of taking / granting leave.
At this juncture, instead of jeopardizing the situation, it is better that Mr. Chintant initiate one-to-one discussion with his boss and come out with an amicable solution.
Regards
Kumar

From India, Hyderabad
ksumanair

Dear chinthan, Please talk to your manger as kumar said,sort out the issue instead of sending back and forth mails. also if you wish share with citehrians whats the outcome??? regards, Uma.K.S
From India, Madras
ruhiitm
response would vary according to a person's working style. but then its the responsibility of the employee to state the reason in brief if not in details. u have mentioned as "personal family issue", unless you mention it in brief ex.: family fights, some legal issues to be solved etc.. it would obviously annoy the manager. as per your stated conversation, your approach was little rude, so i believe here has been your fault.
From India, Gwalior
hrwhiz

Dear Chintan,
Keeping all the rules & policies aside, this situation could have been handled better if you had taken a different route to this issue.
Your manager might have got offended because you didn’t give him a clear reason for taking leave. You don’t have to go over the details, but atleast an overview of your situation. It would have made him understand the real need of your request. Its all because of a small gap of communication
Even if you change your company or manager, you may get into the same situation if you follow the same route in future.
So, just walk into his office and explain the situation clearly and resolve this problem.
Be Cool and Good Luck!!
Regards,
Shrithi

From India, Bangalore
kamesh333

Dear Mr.Samson,
Thanks for correcting us, sorry for the inconvenience and also appreciate your wisdom. As far as the issue is concerned we are talking about the process and submitted our view points.
First of all we should understand that there is no better understanding among the employee and the concerned manager. There are occassions and instances where the employee will put a word and proceed on leave and get regularized after returning from leave here the point is not about slavery it is about the cordial relations & understanding.
In this context I suggested better to put an end for this issue, we are only suggesting and final decision willl be with the concerned person only.
Once again my heartful thanks to you for correcting me. I am not so perfect in typing and there may be some typographical errors in my text, kindly bear with me.
Regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
ijsubhi@gmail.com
dear
this is not necessary to tell the details of the personal reason , due to the personal reason leave is availed . this is enough .this is not right to enter in the personal life of the employee . The manager can take advantage of the personal reason . so avoid the argument with the manager , if the manager decide one month notice to you due to leave , then there is no use of fight back , it will not serve any purpose .
regards - inder jit singh ubhi

From India, Delhi
shallu malik

Dear
As i am the HR of the Company, so i tell you whenever a employee go on leave then the work of that person hamper other's work also. Therfore i also always check with employee that what is the reason for leave...and then approve it as per requirment.
In my view leave is the prevellage for employee not a right , and a open communication is the only way to resolve the situation.
Go and sit with your manager only and tell him your issue if it will resolve then great if its will not so i dont think you have any more fear to loose your job because u already lost it.
So go and communicate.
Regards
HR

From India, Delhi
loginmiracle

Dear All,

From the mails exchanged it appears there exists no cordial relationship between the Manager & our friend. It is always expected that an employee should get the leave approved atleast orally before proceeding on leave. Here the disapproval has been communicated to our friend before hand. Therefore he was given an opportunity to reconcile the differences. Afterall a Manager is a manager who is vested with the powers to approve or not. And there was no emergency like sickness or accident. So he clearly erred in his approach & strategy. (He probably didn't know the magic of how to avail leave without getting it approved before hand, you should have consulted your experienced friends & colleagues).

Having said & done the only option for him left at the juncture is to meet and file the apology letter and seek pardon, if really wanted to continue in the job. Still the discretion is with the Manager (may be beyond his hands as of now HR came to the picture in issuing the one month Notice, probably he is not wanted there.)

Nevertheless- alternatively if he has got a godfather nothing is lost giving a try thro him if the apology didn't work, can try both together. Thereis no hard & fast rule to accept whatever comes in the way. Remedy will be there always. May be it's good time for our friend leave and seek other job(s) as well. One never know.

kumar.s.

bg.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.