No Tags Found!

Sharad Shah

Dear NDNISHAJI;

Love;

I remained on interview panel for many companies. And my experience says that degree is useful for entry only, finally your subject knowledge, grasping, intelligent, attitude, understanding, preparedness to shoulder responsibilities, leadership qualities and hardworking will speak, not your degree. So do not worry about it, if some company has made a policy to recruit only full-time MBAs, it is OK. As such this sense is developed after several bad experiences many company have faced. And you know in India and abroad more then 300 universities are operating in two to three room premises and offering MBA degree by distance learning courses. They are simply is the business of selling degrees. In past many companies have burned their fingers and as a precautionary measures, they do not entertain distance learning candidates.

I wish you concentrate more on your subject knowledge and other soft skill development rather then worrying about job. Remember right kinds of people are always in high demand.

Wish you good luck.

His Blessings;

Sharad Shah

From India, Ahmadabad
ranjitonly

Hi Asha,
Your missing the point. What Nisha was crying foul about was the apparent mess that the current recruitment trend is all about i.e. hiring or giving preference to FTMBAs. Any recruiter worth his salt would know that distance MBAs are not considered by the cream of the companies, FTMBA is always mentioned in the job specification. Its a diff thing that FTMBAs with experience may excel in the job. BUt its not a given that, they are good as its assumed when a company prefers a FTMBA.
I still believe that the best corporate leaders and experts have always learned their business acumen through experience & not through a B School by giving presentations day in day out & copying case studies or downloading project reports from the internet or via a student from the previous batches.
Rgds,
Ranjit

From India, Mumbai
Ash Mathew

Dear Ranjit, I have mentioned abt the fact you have pinted. (highlighted it below) I too agree your point :idea: Good one.
From India, Madras
amitadkar

Dear All,
In addition to the issue raised in the discussion, I've seen many of the companies "discriminating " students/ trainees/ freshers based on " patronised / non-patronised institute" when all the candidates have cleared the "SAME" elgibility criterio- GD/PI/ Acad etc.
Pay & perks varies grearly for such cases, can be upto 100% of the CTC.
Regards,
Amit

From India, Bangalore
kripalxp
This is very true that the candidate having professional degrees from Distance education are seen down under. Those are lucky who get thru these hurdles. I witness myself and few my friends whose resumes don't get shortlisted at the first step onlybecause we are BCA and MCA from IGNOU an Open University even after having sufficient experience and knowledge.

Though sometimes some company considers but many of them still have those feelings. I would like to Thank those company who don't have these feelings and take candidates only on merit.

I would like to request those company who still continues with this kind of policy to take ideas from other countries.

Completing degrees and diplomas from Open University is more challenging in compared to many regualr professional programmes, especially when I talk about IGNOU which provides one of the best Open education in the country.

People those who think us down under, I would like to request them to try any diploma/degree or even a short term course from IGNOU, then they will come to know the merit.

From India
jagdish v

Hey all,
Its nice to see all ur comments... my take n what i have experienced is that nowdays company's are not restricting themselves to only so called FTMBAs, if a recruit has sufficient knowldege and expertise in his/her domain he has a fair chance to b on board even though he might hav done through distance education mode.
It depends upon the type of work profile too e.g a trainee position n no work exp required than here a FTMBA would be prefered over a non FTMBA.
N mind you in the years to come we may see a shift in our thinking...
Regards,
Jagdish Vasta

From India, Mumbai
jp2009
It's really hard to say, but I feel that HR execs should at least interview these guys as at the end of the day only a face to face interaction can prove how capable a candidate is. India is very primitive when it comes to people and management and this is affecting us a lot. Policies like we dont hire MBAs from small colleges or Dist. MBAs not only hurts the students but also the companies and the economy in a long term. What is needed is something strong that NASSCOM & CII.
From India, Mumbai
madhanrao
what you told here is fully wrong. because only those who are studying in the college are muguping but others they were getting practical exposure. ok. road side tea drinkers may go a five star hotel to take tea. but the persons like you wont come to roadside tea shop because you guys are full of head weight. even if you are not having money you wont go there because of prestige problem. a real hr will take tea in 5 star hotel and even in roadside shops too. :icon7::icon7::icon7::icon7::icon7:
From India, Madras
amrish_vishnu
Hi Dear,
i agree with most of the answer which are given by our seniors but as per as my view most of the top mnc want to hire those candidate who are full time MBA because they assume that those employee are regular and consistance employee.
Distance learning progarm and courses are just like as a part time job and adding the more degree in the resume and they haven't any goal and the target in the life, sorry my mean they didn't decide that what they want to do?
I think so buy may be my view is wrong.
Regards
Amrish Singh Raghuwanshi
Mob. 9827071872

From India, Bhopal
P K TRIPATHY
Hi,
According to me, MBA should be done by students who have at-least 3-5 yrs job exp. Then only he/she can visualize the career with previous practical knowledge . Students doing MBA through distance or other mode is just to have a degree enhancement. But spending 2 years with full dedication, with prior job experience will lead to better management which is more resourceful to companies.

From India, Rourkela
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.