Samuel C Prasad

Kisi Shayar ne kaha hai -
"Dushmani jam ke karo magar ye gunjaish rahe;
Ki jab ham dost ban jayen to sharminda na ho."
It's better to bring an argument to an end when the other person is about to get personal.
Its not a war. Its not worth winning an argument and losing a friend. Sometimes the best way to prove someone is wrong is to have him his own way.

myfan.com

Friends,

Arguments for the sake of argument carry no meaning and at times end in something personal. Healthy arguments may not lead to such a stage. However, the purpose, nature and tone of the argument cause the difference. One is tend to take it personally even if one likes it or not. Personally I feel better way out is to see whether such arguments are likely to reach some objective for which the whole activity was undertaken. If not, the prudent and wise out of them, should prefer to stop short of the situation where the possibility of a personal hate, remarks, bickering, etc likely to formulate. and if so, one should wisely back out of such an activity. At the same time, if anything insulting, derogatory or unbecoming of a prudent person takes place, one should never forget but keep it in one of the corner of one's mind to be unearthed when such situation recalls it in one's favour. That is the proper time to pay back. Maturity and prudent mind would always suggest modesty but at the same calculated risk to bring such erring colleagues back on right track.

Hope not hitting anybody's feeling.

Prakash Patwardhan

From India, Amravati
Anonymous

Hi ,
So much has been said that's there's not much can be added. But I had read it somewhere that you shouldn't allow a negative seed to grow within and become a tree. Kill a problem then and there and move ahead.
Simply interrupt the person and say let's not get personal. This will immediately put the person in check.
Argument is always unhealthy and difficult to digest.Avoid getting into one in first place.
"If you are right, you need not explain, If you wrong, don't be there to explain"

From India, Mumbai
Jhuma Tiwade

Hi ,
So much has been said that's there's not much can be added. But I had read it somewhere that you shouldn't allow a negative seed to grow within and become a tree. Kill a problem then and there and move ahead.
Simply interrupt the person and say let's not get personal. This will immediately put the person in check.
Argument is always unhealthy and difficult to digest.Avoid getting into one in first place. 
"If you are right, you need not explain, If you wrong, don't be there to explain"

From India, Mumbai
Shilpi Chakraborty

Hey Ashish,
it was nice coming up with this kind of discussion. i also had a same time working with some idiots.
We should take it personally, so that next time we should not let others give a chance to hurt our emotions.
My view: say a person directly then n there rite away..."Boss dont say all this, i cant be rational now" not in a way of argument but in way of "Kind Information".
Next time he/she will think twice before pointing out our prospects.
If we are not wrong why do we listen to them just because they are the factors of our bread n butter...
I did it in my previous organization and believe me it became so ventilated. If we cant speak out...we will be taken as "pushover"
Thanks, Shilpi

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.