No Tags Found!

viswanathp

hi swati Every one is suggesting you take initiatives and do somethings etc etc ........ What is your area of interest. Are you a fresher and what is your qualification. viswanath
From India, Hyderabad
mukundan thottekkat

Dear All,

I need your suggestion. I was working in a MNC at ahmedabad for 14 years. one day hr manager of this company called me and asked me to provide one vehicle for finance manager for his trip to factory. i have given clear instruction to company driver to pick the finance manager from corporate office and drop him at factory. due to some domestic reason the driver has not informed me his unability. next day the hr manager quaralled me and asked me to quit my job immediately. in the meantime i had a talk with the finance manager and he hasn't raised any complaint about this incident. in this circumstance what i should do? I made a letter addressed to M.D. and corporate head also. after seeing the letter the corporate head made a decision to transfer me from ahmedabad to delhi. before i go to delhi i had a talk with supply chain head and as per him i have not filed a police complaint. after one year i left the organisation under pressure and torchering. but i want to teach a lesson to that hr manager. can anybody give a proper reply.

regards/tm

From India, Ahmadabad
anand swarup sharma

Use this time to prove your worth to your boss. You will be creating an impression that will last for ever, — — till the time you are in this Organisation. Anand
From India, Delhi
Suri Babu Komakula

Dear Swathisharma,
Don't excite any more. It is nothing but your boss is testing hour patience, and observing your attitude and behaviour. Please don't feel that you have no work to do. If you think, you can have more work in your hands. There is a proverb, " turn the page and learn the work". You can goes on to observe the old references, documents, papers, MoUs etc., of your Department relating to HR and make use of all the resources in your company and get the work created for your self, You can maintain good relatioins, contcts with your co-workders, colleagues, officials of your company in your HR Department or else in other departments of your copany and maintain good profile with others to withstand your position in your firm with more expertise and ability to learn things spontaneously. If you have will power in your mind, you can find out so many aspects to locate the work and discharge with utmost commitment.
Suri Babu Komakula

From India, Vijayawada
henrys
The status of your position(HR Director) is ernomous in any organisation, in which I believe you need to drive and streamline the HR Processes to align it with best practices in your industry.Put all the processes into place and interact with your business partners within the establishment in such a way that whenever decisons that are to be taken by them are intuitively bounced off with you. Be visible to them and in that regard your Boss will feel the need to engage you. I also believe that when you were employed in the company you and your Boss did " set up and agreed on standards of performance. If that did not happen , then how is he going to measure your performance and do yuor appraisal. Constantly bug him with your innovative ideas by sending him emailed proposals if there is a need and await for his response.
From Germany
swarnesh
swati i have also faced the same . but after a month i am full of job responsibilities . you just wait from now
From India, Mumbai
bouy singh
Hi swati,
during this checking-an-employee period, by giving you absolutely no work, be wise, collect info about the company, make excel sheets regarding the employees, salary sheets, attendance sheets, PF ESI etc.....one fine day your boss is going to ask you to do this and he going to check out how quick you do this....also familiarize yourself with your surroundings
HR has a very big responsibility in an ITES company...so watch out....PREPARE YOURSELF...and all the best.:idea:

From India, Bangalore
djagannadh1
hi,
On one day you go to your boss and ask few minutes of his time and just ask him what he is expecting(job tasks) from you. note down the list and be on that work. If again he says he was busy then tell him i cant sit idle and pls allot some work to do or ask him atleast to give the files so that you can chk !
i feel it is better.
its just attitude matter.
regards
jagannadh

From India, Visakhapatnam
Miss Tolani

Hiiiiiii Swati........
The same thing i faced in my previous company, and the day when i got new job, (after 3 months) i realized that I was wasting my time over there.
So dear my suggestion is this plz try new job. But while doing same job.
Bye
take care

From India, Delhi
Raj Kumar Hansdah

My dear Swati

I have been reading the posts for quite some time. I wonder when I see most posters just on a "sympathising" mode. I think you should cross-examine yourself first - Is your thinking ("I am facing a problem..", "I am just thinking I m wasting my time ..."), belief ("My boss appoint me as HR executive ovrhre bt he don’t know the actual meaning of HR responsibilities."), attitude ("spending 9 hrs in any org without any kind of work is not easy..") correct ?

I just have a few points to submit, for your consideration:
  1. In any organization, responsibilities are not assigned immediately, esp. in HR. At times it takes two to three months.
  2. The very fact that you have been hired from a competitor implies that you'll not be trusted with any meaningful responsibility till you have proven to be trust-worthy.
  3. The task given to you was just a test of your capabilities. There are ways an organization observes performance. How can you be sure, the task has not been evaluated ? In fact, you being a fresher, I doubt whether you have been able to do justice to the task - Documents which are required in IT companies. Can you attach the document, for everyone to see ? These documents can range from Legal Compliance for IT companies to various administrative (including Logistics) functions.
  4. In fact, if you did not consult/seek advice from anyone in the new company, then it is doubtful that you have been able to do justice to the task assigned.
  5. The fact that your boss is not able to find time for you, indicates his displeasure.
  6. You are lucky that you have not faced any hostility from the existing team.
  7. There is a well known saying : Nobody will give you any work; one has to take work(responsibilities) by himself.
  8. After sometime, people will even say that you are not doing any work, which would appear to be true.
  9. Did you ever go to anybody (peers or even subordinates) and ask them, "Can I help you.." when they were busy with their work ?
  10. How did you utilize your time? Just by sitting idle ? Did you study any documents, personal files, circular, notices or meet people ? There is so much work happening all around, that it is difficult to find any breathing time. If you had been outgoing and helpful, I am sure you would have been saddled with work by now. Everybody likes and appreciates a helping hand !!

I hope it is not too late to salvage your position, still i would suggest you start looking for a new job immediately, and apply this new learning on the new assignment.

Do let us know about the developments.

Regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.