Manka

My question is that what methods can be followed to identify the blind spots of one's personality and how can it be cured. Awaiting response as I wanted to implement that in my organisation at least for senior people.
From India, Delhi
ravi gorowala

hi,
If you have heard of the Johari window. That is an old tool to help you identify the blind spots and then take the help of close friends associates to work on them.
Some of the ways to locate your blind spot is:
to ask yourself a question on the one thing that you could do that will make the maximum impact in your life (like living a life full of healthy habits, staying slim, doing things on time etc.)
seeing a pattern that emerges in your life i.e when you can actually see somethings being repeated over and over again.
Also when you are in a job which goes against your basic grain or your basic personality you appear to have several blind spots or areas or areas for improvement.
However when you are doing a job that is aligned to your basic nature those very blindspots become your strengths.
In case you should want some more material you can always be in touch with me .

arvind chittewale
Yes we all need to know our blind spots bcos development means 3 A's
Awareness
Analysis and
Action unfortunately at times we are unaware of these blind spots. I think it first begins with an attitude than comes the data ( through others - johari or through simulation games )
put them into simulations and use video camera as a feedback tool bcos remember they are blind spots and SEEINg is believing.
the crux dear is in LISTENING- are your people effective listeners? othervise one need sto begin there.
if you want details call - would love to share my experiences
arvind chittewale -the learning circle - nashik

Manka

Thanks Ravi n Arvind for your replies,
Have certainly read about Johari window but never practised that. I will try doing it this time. Will be thankful if you can send me some more material/ questions/ test , on it so that I can be clear on how should I proceed. You can send me on my personal Id also..mankaz22@yahoo.co.in.
Thanks In advance
Manka

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.