Chiyankajangid
Dear Sir, I have completed five years in two different employers in a principal employer (Company) without break, as a principal employer, will we give him gratuity or not?
1st 13 Aug'18 to 30 Nov'21
2nd 01 Dec'21 to 14 Aug'23.
Pls, suggest me.

From India, Gurugram
mailrsr

When two different companies are there with same management and if employees are asked to work in both companies, generally, they will be deputed to the second company keeping the rolls in the first company. If they are transferred to the 2nd company by changing the rolls also, then need to follow the understanding they had at the time of shifting. We have done for one of our employees by telling him to resign in company A and join as a fresher in company B. However, the agreement was he will have continuity of service i.e. the services he has put in Company A will also be reckoned for the purpose of all terminal benefits at the time of leaving the services. There is no hard and fast rules. It is the discretion of the Management and the understanding between the Management and the concerned employee. Some companies will have a policy as well on this.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.