Balaji Kuppuswamy

Hi the only way-out as suggested my senior and members here, the possibility is to cope up woth HR department and get the work done. without HR’s cooperation; it is a uphill task. kb
From India, Madras
Ash Mathew

Hi Janani,

Welcome to the Corporate World!

This happens not only if you are a student dear, in most places people are reluctant to give you information. Needless to mention abt Textiles industry - I am working in one textiles group, so I know the pain involved (even though I am working here , people deny to give info I require)

SO - I empathize with you.

Regarding project work - dont worry abt people shouting at you. You need to get your project work done. Just let them know that it is company's requirement (Management's reqmnt) and you have been chosen to do that task.

If time consumption is the problem, seek 30 minutes of their time on a particular day - when its possible for them, for giving information for their survey. Its not only your project work - its also the HR dept's requirement.

A small piece of advice - going forward, once you start working, You will come across many such scenarios. It is not your fault if someone cant take the responsibility of giving information that you seek, and will benefit the company too. Stick to what you have planned. Many of them will shout at you, but dont take it to heart, they are just seeking excuses - never let them go away without having completed the task you have assigned them. No emotions should override your work responsibilities.

Good Luck!

From India, Madras
suvidha karkal

hiiiiiiiiiiii
good u were polite with them............
ask ur faculty to type a letter in which it is mentioned that questionnaire is very important.......
look for a good and cooperative person in your organisation.....
help them by providing ur innovative ideas.....
prove that your topic is not harmful......
make some friends and ask them questions.....
ok.....

From India, Pune
arti09

This may be your first industry project for which you require questionnaire, but for the employees they may have came across enormous project trainees and questionnaire.

First be confident and learn the pattern of people there. It's not all the 100% people are behaving in the same reluctant manner. Approach soft-people first. Before directly handling them your questionnaire, discuss the importance and the outcome of such projects with them while at lunch and break. Your questionnaire should reflect the help you want not a huge task for them. (May be due to this someone shouted at you) Prepare a list of the people, divide them into groups and select accordingly.

Once some people filled the questionnaire, encourage them to persuade their fellow members too. It should feel like a task to them but their good sharing.

Most importantly first built a small bonding with them. Why the people would favor you and share their thoughts before having a good thoughts-link with them?

It's not you will take the help of HRD only, take help of yourself. If possible, scan your questionnaire again; think from the perspective of an employee, not employer. (No. of sample, target people, no. of questions, subjective-objective questions ration, etc).

Don’t worry; all come across through such problems. Please feel independent, involve HR but to a certain limit. Don’t approach people when it’s their high working hours. Be humble.

You can also complete your Questionnaire through verbal interaction with people and later recording it in paper for some people.

My best wishes.

From India, New Delhi
mnj.tiwari

You should have to introduce yourself first and spare sometimes to get aware of the culture of the organisation. Keep patience as they are bussy with their work and also get irritated while someone ask their personal opinion regarding their organisation, boss, satisfaction level etc.etc..
I mean you first make them comfirtable and aware that you are doing your project for your study purpose not for their organisational development. I know that may your precious time go waste and you have very little time to spent on your project,but you don't have other options. If they are not cooperating you, you cannot complete your project al all. Also you prepare some declaration mentioning that you does not going to disclose their name to organisation regaring their feedback.
Hope your project will complete on time.

From India, Gurgaon
Tunar
Dear friend
Research work of this nature requires participative environment. Before starting, condusive platform should be created. It is something like planning your family picnic. Have a top down approach. Reconstruct your platform and start afresh.
Take care
Tunar

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.