No Tags Found!

shiva_HRM

Ha ha ha ha ha.........................I remember story of a Window.

If 10 people stand at window and watch the outer world, they may find different visuals, beauty or things.

Yes, every individual will have different opinion. I agree with you that priest do the shakthi sthapana in to Idol.

But , As per Thaithariya upanishad, it says, way to Salvation is

in Krutha yuga thru Daiva Drusti,

in Thretha yuga thru Thapassakthi,

in Dwapar yuga thru Yagna and

Finally Kaliyuga is thru Manthra patanam ......................

So, to pray the god with at lease concentration and to have some respect, We have idol worship. And also it says, Rishi's, who have seen the god thru spiritual sight made the idol for all to pray.

And finally, In Vedas they clearly stated............Nirvi kalpo nirakaaro, nirguno, Shudha devo yeko narayanaha...................it means God doesn't have anything what a physical object has.

Thank you Ram,

It was nice remember all this after a long time.....................

From India, Bangalore
Aashnaa GB

One may opt for idol worship on the basis of his / her religion and faith. Hence, idol worship is justified for few religions and is not for the other religions.
From India, Mumbai
parasurampur

Yes, "Nana Muninam Matascha Bhinnah" (views of Munis / Sanyasis / Rishis differ). That’s what I told in the beginning of this thread.

Even the ultimate aim of human being also differs from person to person. Therefore, if a saint (sanyasi), leaves his body, it is said that he got salvation (Nirvan i.e. merged with God or Moksha i.e. liberation from birth-death cycle). But in case of a family holder (grihasth), it is said as s/he left for heavenly abode (Swarga i.e. place of deities).

If body cannot tolerate the direct effects of any medicine, doctors advise the patients to take the medicine mixed with water, milk and the like.

Similarly, idols have been used as mediators to concentrate on the (physically invisible) Supreme Being. Most of the saints didn’t took the help of idols but made efforts to have direct link with Him.

Of course it all depends on one’s aim / destination and efforts one can put.

From India, Hyderabad
neshas
Hi All.
I would like to add on that We are so much in to the understanding on love for God
and the way we worship and we search for our internal piece through various ways..
But many a times we humans fail to realize that service to man kind is service to GOD.
We have so much prejudice, pride, discrimination bias in the fast moving real time world.
Ultimately we are not serving god so he must be unhappy with our deeds.
This is so far my opinion if you have your say plz do so.
Regards,
Nesha.

From India, Madras
shiva_HRM

Hey Neha,
What do you do if you dropped in a slum?
What do you do if you dropped in Lepracy Hospetal?
I donot agree, serving mankind is equalent to serving god. to be frank It is more than that. As we live with them, at least.
But, Speaking words is as easy as looking at see, saying, hoooo I will swim it. Making the words in to reality is the challenge and the destiny, which most of will never attempt to do.
I would like add more to your statment. Not only servining the mankind it can be to anything as it is stated, Yaschakinchith jagath sarvam.
If you serve, do good to anything that you see, live with you are serving the god.

From India, Bangalore
parasurampur

Yes, Nesha in one way your opinion is correct. But since a person does not have much power to serve people s/he worships God. Some people may pray for self, some for their relatives, neighbours, their village, country etc. Actually God does not have any body, so He needs no service from any one. He needs one's pure love for serving mankind.
God is the root and the people are the branches. So, if you give water to root, it will automatically reach to the branches.
Regards,

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.