srvani
Hi, I have been asked to resign from the company due to misconduct on my side. It was done without my knowledge. So, when the HR discussion was done, they asked me to resign instead of terminating me. I didn't serve any notice period. I am a freshman and have worked for the company for 11 months. I also got the reliving letter, but it was a bit late as there was a bit of a delay in my F&F settlement. I resigned in August 2023, and I got my reliving letter in November 2023.
My question is: 1. How will this all impact my future?
2. how to explain this to my future employer? Should I explain the exact reason to him?

From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

The relieving letter does not have any mention about the misconduct and your termination but it only shows that you have been relieved following your resignation, right? Then what is the issue when you face a new employer?
From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

There will not be any impact hopefully unless otherwise you disclose the reason to the future employer.

Present that due to some personal reasons you had submitted resignation on your own and got relieved.

However in case of future BGV how your ex-employer will respond to it we can't predict.

From India, Madras
srvani
How can I explain why dint I serve any notice period and while doing my BGV will they find anything ? Should I explain the actual reason to my new employer or tell him someother reason?
From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You may present some convincing reasons for immediate relief.

As the employer relieved you properly hopefully they might provide positive response but we can't predict and assure.

Sharing actual reason might have impact on your credibility. So you please take a call on this.

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

Serving or not serving the notice period is not an issue because if the employer is ready to waive off the notice period, the employee can be relieved earlier. So long as there is no negative comments in the relieving letter, the chances of pointing it out in the background verification is very remote. Only an inhuman HR person who wishes to spoil some one's career will do it. Others will not go to that stretch because what is the gain by disclosing such things?
From India, Kannur
raghunath_bv

Dear Vani,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It's important to be transparent with your future employer and explain the situation honestly. You can emphasize what you've learned from the experience and how you've grown from it. As for the impact on your future, it will depend on how you handle the situation moving forward.

Best of luck.

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
I have been trying for various jobs in linkedin , but heard reply from none of them. Now i started applying to without even seeing the role. Am at this peak point where now I jus need a job. I have lost confidence. The market is also bad out there.
Suddenly i thought studying is also not bad.
What do u think Is best to do? Should I try for any higher studies in india or just keep on looking for jobs.

From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

What is your qualification, Graduate or Post Graduate, whether it is related to Arts or science or Engineering , which type of Industry you are looking for a job .. whether manufacturing industry or corporate office or IT ????? without any information how Members will be able to advise you ?

Apply for a job without seeing the role is not wise. You need a job is right but it should match your qualification . You cannot apply for a Medical Officer position in a hospital unless other wise you hold a MBBS Degree right ?

First of all please be patient. Identify your core skills first prepare a Resume which presents how you unique from others, your software skills and any other special traits related to the job. Linkedin is one option there are many more use other job ports too like Naukri. You will succeed if you knock at the right door.

Whether to pursue higher education or not is your call. It depends on your age, how higher education would be beneficial for your job search etc.

Be a optimistic and surge ahead with confidence !

From India, Madras
Anonymous
hi,
Sorry for not explaining clearly.
I did Btech and am a 2022 graduate.
Apply for a job without seeing the role is not wise. I agree with your statement , but what i meant is I was applying jobs irrespective of technical or non Technical roles. I did internship and got a job offer in the same MNC company. And worked as developer.
I have been trying to update my skills so instead of doing any online course, I thought of pursuing higher studies in India itself. But my main priority is to get job. so do you think it would be better to go for higher studies or keep searching for job for the present market scenario.?

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.