No Tags Found!

divya.hr
Dear Members,
I have spoken to both the employees individually, Sales Manager as well as Sales Executive.
I asked Sales Manager to change his behaviour and be polite with his team members to whcih he whole heartedly agreed. I then spoke with Sales Executive, he said that he will not report to the Sales Manager and indicated me that if we force him he may quit..now he is being adamant....
Regards,
Divya

From India, Kochi
skhadir

Dear Ms. Divya
I knew this will happen.
My suggestion is that, perhaps you may get a better employee if you loose the ADAMANT Sales executive. He should be flexible if he wants to come up in his life.
For the last time, try to find out as why SE is behaving ADAMANT?
what are his expectations?
Is he having any practical solution for current issue?
If nothing works out, please replace him rather spoiling the organisation culture.
With profound regards

From India, Chennai
bosefamily

It would be better if SE is assigned a different team with leadership role. We should not underestimate an employee , he must be very good in his work and deserves to be in a leadership role.
Simultaneously a Sales Manager can be trained how to handle such situation in a leadership position.

From India, Mumbai
khalid javaid
The matter seems to be quite interesting. We have observed such happenings in most of the organisations and the final results are always disturbing for the employers as well as the employees.
In this particular case it appears likely that the other party whom you believe to be adamant needs to leave in the long run despite the fact that he is an effective team member.
The Sales Manager enjoys the advantage of being designated as senior by the higher management and is ably maintaining good rapport with rest of the team mates. It is enough to prove him worthy of a confirmed stay in the organisation than the other guy.
The only way left is that the junior must submit and realize the gravity of the situation and avoid being a loser or a rolling stone subsequently.
How you succeed in conveying this hard reality and rightly convince him properly is the million dollar assignment.
Good luck!

From Pakistan, Islamabad
hrvenugopal
Dear Divya.
Here the issue is Promotion. So who has been promoted for the manager level that person should have been sent for Management skills & Team building skills. where he would be trained how to tackle with team.
Manager means - Who can take his (talented-untalented, skilled-unskilled, arrogant-obedient) team to reach his assigned goal he/she is fit for Manager.
This is just my opinion
With warm regards
K.V.Gopala Reddy
Soft skills Trainer

From India, Hyderabad
skhadir

Dear Ms. Divya
Please be informed that current generations MANAGERS need to possess LEADERSHIP SKILLS rather just managing their TEAM MEMBERS. I am training my company employees at MIDDLE & SENIOR LEVEL to develop LEADERSHIP SKILLS so that they can be more than just a ORDINARY MANAGER.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE must be practice by all employees at all levels to create a PROFESSIONAL OPEN MINDED WORK CULTURE.
With profound regards

From India, Chennai
divya.hr
Dear All,
Thankyou very much for your suggestions and views.
We have tackled the situation by speaking to both the employees and now they both have kept their egos aside and started with a fresh beginning.....
Regards,
Divya

From India, Kochi
senthilrsm
Dear sir,

I working in an Pharmaceutical company, as a second line manager, in my team there is medical representative, is not obeying my instruction, and his area manager instruction, he always expect company has to give directives to his mail id directly, for example recently one area sales manager recently joined, I have conducted a meeting at our office, and formally introduced him to all medical representatives, followed by I have sent mail through our company reporting portal, even though, that senior representative is not co-operative, and he is seeking official declaration from the company. But in my 22 years of experience no one is behaving like this, as per the hierarchy system he has to follow his immediate superior order, and my order, but why he is seeking one more circular from the company.

when we called him for any meeting he used to raise his voice, and talking negatively about the company policies, and strategies, so that I have isolated him, and didn't not called him for meeting for past 6 months, now new area manager is joined, so that I called him for a introduction meeting, and I introduced him in meeting.

Kindly advise me and quote the law section as per the labour law. very urgent. this issue is very big headache for me each and every time.

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.