Anonymous
i have total 100ppl in my factory out of which 30are blue collared and 35 are white collared. Is minimum wages act applicable to all or only blue collared. Can i prepare compensation package of white collared junior staff with 15000 basic.
From India
akhati

White Colour Job refers to the people who work at office- Office staff. Their salary depends on mutual discussion between the both parties and agreed to a point where Fair wages / Living wages are applicable. It must be beyond Minimum wages. Blue Colour jobs refer to shop floor employees where MW are paid. But if a blue colour employees continues year after year, his salary is fixed more than MW and other monetary benefits are given like his transport allowance , education allowance, Leave Travelling Expenses within India, Washing allowance, etc. As for example a good welder who welds very nicely a joint, and in open eye you can not see the welding work on the joint. He deserves good monthly salary + other benefits so that he continues with the Employer in perpetual manner.
Asis Kumar Hati

From India, Kolkata
AnkurHR
You have to pay at least minimum wages, whether it is white collar or blue collar. off course you can pay more than minimum wages but can not pay less than this.
From India, undefined
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

You can adopt minimum wages for all categories of employees.
There is no bar by the law, provided the employees employed agreed for. You need to work out wages matching other factories of your category under the minimum wages. Basics to be paid on MW and anything extra matching the job market on incentive mode per day basis.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.