No Tags Found!

mahendra_pandya
Hi Deepak,
HR professional in a need for shift could be ONLY when he loses interest in the current profile and the company which he/she belongs to!! Reasons could be infinite and manifold at times which other colleagues have already said herein but main reason could be that either you feel that you want to do more and due to varied limitations you aren't or will take long time or else Need to Learn more than what you already have and for that apt platform is desired!! HENCE in both cases the reason is definetly with the person albiet surronding circumstances responsible.

suresh.kottamasu
Hai Deepak,
Really a good question to our HR friends.Please identify the reason why looking for change and cause should be genuine before facing the interview.Reasons may sow,but the expression and cause will affect.
Kindly do mention the genuine reason in effective way to get the job.
Questioning is very easy..... Answering may difficult....
Suresh.

kanadeD

Hi
your question is true. What i find is to say true, even if we dont say true it will open in near future. Offcource it might loose good chance but it is well known by every one that why person look fo change following are normal reesons :
1) fedup with particular process (recruitment).
2) looking for hike.
3) looking for Growdth in career.
4) looking for sth to learn in job, which might not available in pervious job.Eg a consultency recruiter can not learn core HR functions eg appoinment, induction & different laws releted to employee appoinment & welfare.
I think we should say fact & no other polishing required.
Thanks
Dhanashree

From India, Indore
aditig16

I think people don’t leave organisation, they leave Bosses.... Wht u think???? To succeed in life Lov ur work, not organisation
From India, Mumbai
vinodsingh.hr

Answer will depend on circumstances you are leaving in.It may be realistic or fake.:icon1:
From India, Pune
R.G.KAVITHA

hai, my answer would be "career growth" . i feel it is not advisable to work in a same company when there is no growth and improvements, and interested to work in a company which provides an opportunity for an employee's career growth and personal growth.
reg
kavitha

From India, Bangalore
reachsevar

Hi, First you must check the JD of your new opportunity before you go for the interview.

If the JD given matches with the JD you are in now, and provides good designation then your present designation, we may say this as the reason for change. " Since I have arount 4 years of experience in this field and I have expertise in most of the areas of your jod description, I hope, I will be able to perfectly match your requirement and this will help me in my career growth position wise and money wise. Hence, I am planning for a change"

Else, if you streamlined the process in your present position and nothing more for innovation in your present position with present employer, you may tell the truth on what all improvements you did and how it helped your present empoyer money wise and time wise, you may say that I want to be a part of your company and help in understanding the process and wherever required, I will try to streamline the process and if the process is already streamlined in the company, I will make sure to reduce the process gaps that may help your company money wise and time wise.

If you have any more suggestions on the answers or any critics on my answer, please feel free to post them here. I may also be wrong and it will help me in thinking differently.

From India
yermalradha

Hi,
This is excatly you need to practice..
“your answer shall be WIDE...should not leave s single space for them to ask questions related"
Because recruiters are always waiting to question you with what you have answered.
If you are already in Recuritment then looking for career growth within HR is want everybody wants..
question comes only when you look for a change from different industry..
So use your intellect and not your emotion's

From India, Bangalore
nkulsh

Suprised that after a gap of a couple of years this thread again is active... Not that anything has changed with respect to the question...:-)

What should your answer be? Simple! if you were the person asking this question, which answer would satisfy you? Would any answer satisfy you, in the first place...

A really good interviewer ( That negates more than 70% of current recruiters in the market) is not looking for an answer. He is looking at the passion / intent behind the answer because that gives him / her an idea of what you are. If you observe this is one of the few questions where the interviewer (at least the good ones) are looking at you consistently. They are simply observing, trying to understand you...:-)

It is very easy to put on a mask and play a role but very difficult to do it when you are uncomfortable from the inside...:-) This is one such question because even you know you cant give a satisfactory answer but that's fine. Answer what you believe is convincing but remember It's not the answer but the intent behind the answer that matters!!!

Cheers

Navneet

From India, Delhi
yermalradha

Hi Team,

As mentioned if they are really looking out for passion for the job role.. Then a person without an MBA or experience should win their heart.. Who is looking to transit from BPO to HR..

The very first question asked

1) What do you know about HR?

A) of course the theoretical knowledge only, I have passion for HR.

2) What made you to choose this field?

A) Then explain how the passion started.

3) What applications do you know in HR?

A) I am a quick learner and will prove it if you can consider me for the role

Without working you will not get experience and you can work only if someone gives a chance

Sorry we are looking for someone who knows basics of HR functions. At-least 6 months experience, hence we don’t have any other job which suits your profile.. We will get back to you later if an opportunity strikes..

This is how most of the interviews happen at least from my experience

Unfortunately, at the end of the day only educational background and experience is counted and not how you answer in your interview. The target is to take the right candidates which suits the above details..

I understand this is one side of the coin.. however i am sure someone would be sailing in the same boat.. hence i have posted it..

your suggestions are welcomed.

No offense to HR's....

Regards,

Radha yermal

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.