No Tags Found!

MeghanaF

Hi
Well n such case my answer woud be Change in profile : woud like to become trainer or recruiter or counselor. as currently i m working as assiatant manager (HR) n i am looking after al the hr functions. i have almost 2 yrs exp. so during this period i have analysed my self and also my field of interest.HR is a very vast field.
Thanks
Meghana

From India, Mumbai
Olarinde Obajuluwa

My answer will depend on the context of what led to the question. But generally, it is best to say that it for career enhancement and drive for all-round HR experience. Remember, there are several sections in HR, recruitment, training, employee relations etc.
From Nigeria
kameshp
There is no point in fudging a reply to ths question. If you honestly know the answer yourself - just think of how to package it. If it is for higher compensation - convince the interviewer why you deserve higher compensation. If it is career growth - franklly tell your plans and how you would like to benefit from the future organization and what your contributions to the organizations would be. You need to market yourself. If you want to get unstuck from your present position - say it openly. I guess the interviewer will always respect honesty and truth. And, finally if you dont know the answer yourself why you are changing the job - don't ever change it.:-P

Priyankha
Hi Deepak..
I feel its OK to share the genuine reason provided its closer to comfy zone !!
ie, None can share stuff like " my ex-boss was droolin at me..since its gettin too much..i wanna quit" lol
Most of the time its perfectly fine to stick up with the regular phrases than to risk much..cos as well said reality bites! And trust me, the interviewer sittin there will know for sure none speaks Truth when it comes to the 'Reason for Change'!
So...play safe..
Cheers
Priyankha:icon1:

From India, Madras
kalyanigeetha18
Dear HR's,
I have 6 years experience in customer support and sales. Which i started my careerer before my graduation and now i done MBA-HR/IT like to start my career as HR. Please give me suggestions how to start the career and if they ask why you want to change? what is the answer i need to give them.And i worked as customer relationship manager in citi group at that period i recruited tel callers and executives.
And also requesting all please send me HR point of view questions & answers also.
Waiting for suggestions.
Please mail me kalyani.pbel@gmail.com
Thanks & Regards
Kalyani-098481 82035

From India, Hyderabad
shikhasikka
Hi..
I think nobody is working for charity..or if they are not learning nething out of their present job....
SO if one has served their previous job well then everyone has a right 2 go for growth n hike in salary...Knowledge in essential in the current senario...so for that..change is a must.
Rgrds,
Shikha

From India, Bangalore
kirubakaran
Hi If am asked , the answer would be " The roles and responsibilities assigned in the present organisation is not satisfactory, and to have a better carreer growth. Regards Kirubakaran.
From India, Madras
pebbili
Dear All,
This is my first posting and great to see many queries and many more helping hands. I worked with Recruitment firm and then with White goods gaint and then with Beverage gaint, in the streams of HR as well as IR (typical) scenario.
What i observed was that our answers satisfying the interviewer depends also, on the urgency to fill up the position. If am in a hurry/urgency to fill my vacancy, i'll also be under pressure and hence i'll choose the best among the lot and then the "accuracy" of the ans to "why change" gets less of importance.
Moreover, if as a recruiter, am not ready to accept any ans to "why change", then how will i get experienced people for my vacancy.
And now, (if you felt it logical) to check whether the company is in urgency, can find out (also) thru the notice period he is insisting on...
(I wanted to throw light on different angle of thinking, than straight answer)
Regards,
Rajesh.

From United States, Atlanta
seema1810
Thanks for giving various insights to this too sensitive question. Well, my reply to this particular question would be :
'That post joining i had proved my functional capabilities to the company and now the fire of new challenges in somewhere missing inside because of the routine monotonous environment. hence looking for a change where again i will have the risk of proving myself putting all my efforts using functional innovations abilities in the new environment.
Thanks,
Seema.

PARAKRAMA WEERASINGHE
[quote=deepak_dwivedi9;415813]Dear All,
Generally this question is asked by Human Resource professionals, while interviewing candidates, what is the reason to change the job. Incase of HR guys, if attend an interview and such question askes, wat would be your answer?? would you speak the fact?? If yes, most of the cases are hikes in salary, dissatisfaction with the job profile, fed up with recruitment and boss's behaviour is wierd or you will give a fake information for the reason behind...to get the job.
Please think over it and requesting you all, whoever come across this post to give atleast a two lines reply with the answer..:icon5::confused:
[Hi Deepak, It could be change of environment or looking for more and higher responsibilities, looking for a different company to get different experience and exposure. Such thing any one could do even he does not have any problem at presnt working place. ]

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.