Pritha Pandey

I would look for these 5 qualities :
1) Empathy
2) Good at building bond with people (Yes up to appropriate level)
3) Excellent communication & convincing skills
4) strong desire to actually be a bridge between employee & mgmnt
5) Willingness to create a strong accepable culture in the organisation.

From India, New Delhi
Suri1409
Hi Sasmita I would recommend for the the 5p’s as the quality required for a HR Recruiter 1. Patience 2. Position 3. Potentiality 4. Professionalism 5. Perfection
From India, Madras
jaspreet_hr

Dear Sasmita
I would suggest, apart from being incorporated with sound knowledge of HR domain, the following are the quintessential attributes an HR Professional ought to have:
1) A People's Person (An efficient motivator / mentor / coach / trainer)
2) Patient (Instilled with an appropriate level of temperament)
3) An Efficient Communicator (engrossed with stron Inter and Intra personal skills)
4) A dynamic Change Agent
5) Enterprenuar Attitude (Strategic Partner)

From India, Delhi
VIKRAM SAMUEL
Thinking out of Box good listening Good relation with co workers Easy to reach/ Co worker should be comfortable to approch him Basic statutory knowledge Communication
From India, Madras
kshantaram

effective recruiter needs to,

represent employer brand with exemplary presentation skills/conduct leading to stakeholder/customer delightedness with shared vision and sensitivity

clarity on organisation processes, structure, culture/values, policies with change management skills when needed

have facilitation skills with management/managers/candidates/agencies

leading to effective collaboration

clarity on role descriptions/competencies/career paths/compensation policy/effective negotiation skills with fairness

facilitate interviewing with listening/counseling skills and sound judgment with creativity and assertiveness placing organisation interest and values first not compromising on quality and values

make honest viable commitments/offers and facilitate sound induction leading to trust and employee engagement with productivity and high retention, proactively achieving quality, time and cost deliverables without wastages/rework or low productivity/employee dissatisfaction and attrition.

hope there is something to pick up from,

regards,

kshantaram

From India, Ahmadabad
rath_ratikanta

it depends on which profile u look , he/she have the job experience on that field or not which is most important, if the position is for handling IR part of organisation and u select some one from recruitment part then it will be worthless.
2nd ly he should have people skill
good negotiation and convincing power
many more etc.....

From India, Angul
attri_nishchal

Dear Sasmita

i am not a Management guy ,

but i have some points in my Kitty.

1) cheerful // give her a situation and check her humor ( further when the selected HR will take interviews or interact with people , she/he should be to make the interviewed guy make comfortable ,,,cheerful nature helps a lot ...also if a guy feel comfortable with the interviewer ,,he then try to speak truth

2) staraight forward // ask her a situational question """ bla bla bla .......so will you recommend to fire the guy "" expect the answer to be a harsh step but need to take in the name of the company

3) learning ability // in this world if somebody is high technical IIT electrical engineer or IIM Ahmedabad , then also he know .000001% of the entire knowledge in the world ,,,so its not necessary to know everything ,,,,but a person should be eager to learn....

4) honest // i have a situatio on this but thats very long so ,,,dont wanna bore you .

5) no egos // give her a question which has two answers ,,you stuck to the opposite one of her's ,,,try to push her to go with your answer ,,,if she does ,,,she is not egoistic...

6) Communication Skills // it matters least for me , if you have a good hindi and a presentable english ,,,,that will do ,,,english can always be improved .......in this world only those people have contributed who have ideas ,,,,,so most important thing is ideas instead of communication skills .....communication skills can always be devloped .....

On all this able points i have some situations ,,,long time ago i dumped them ,, so if in need i can dig them back ,,,

regards

Attri

From Korea
saha pooja
Ability to understand the current scenario (within and outside the organisation) - is the most important quality, I think for an HR professional to be proactive and reactive promptly.
Regards,
Pooja Saha
Management Trainee

From India, Calcutta
milanjanuary

Dear Mr.Jagdish
I agree wat u have tried to say but Mr.Mohan has said about empathy.If a HR person having all the technical skills ,hardworking,yet do not possess a positive attitude cannot be a good HR person.H stands for Human so a person who is in human is not fit for HR .A person should b tact ful yet humble,he must apply empathy not sympathy.
I hope u agree.
Regards
Mitali

From India, New Delhi
amitbacharya

Hi Sushmita
Please find following qualities, which i am looking in HR professional.
Stretagic initiator
Individual readiness for challengies
Domain expertise
Value driver
Business sence
Delivery oriented
Amit Acharya
Manager - HRM

From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.