No Tags Found!

Vishwajeet Singh

Hi Rajee Being an IR person I want to say that one thing you have to use your power. One thing you can do, you should go labour court or contact to IR person Vishwajeet Singh
From India, Gurgaon
Sameeroflko

Dear All,
There might be hundred ways to handle such issues. But, the important thing is process, i.e. how you address it, plays a significant role.
In this situation, major process hurdle seems to be:
1. unability to sell ones idea
2. Unacceptability or low credibility of one person/department
In my view, you should not suggest any policy / past practice change to any body. Instead,
1. build relationships,
2. create discussion forums,
3. try to understand their point of view,
4. understand from the horse's mouth, how can you help them in their own way &
4. in the process sow the seed in minds of other who matters.
5. let the idea come as a brain child of the person who matters.

Then, implementation will be a cake walk, as they will start speaking your language with conviction.
Regards,
Sameer

From India, Calcutta
dpray

Rajee,

It seems that company does not need a HR base. Your uncle will support the senior persons and will give preference to them because they may be indispensable for him/ company.

If you wnat to stay there and will try to implement things according to your choice or if you want a firm policy to be implemented there, FORGET about that it won't be possible there.

If you want a career in HR and want to pursue the same in future then better to look for somewhere else or do not complain. Complain will not bring solutions that I know.Try to implement things slowly not at once.Hope that people there will listen to you. As told by you that even if hirings do happens there without the knowledge of HR.....I do not know why the HR division is there with the company that is not taking part in hirings at least. Relieveing docs and experience letters are also given by the sr mgt, so why they are not monitoring attendance, leaves and other HR issues ? why they are just having a HR department.

Thanks

Dev

From India, Gurgaon
k anju
Hi rajee
i am also facing the same kind of problem in my office . i have recently join the company and there is no rules n regulations as before. i want to implement some new strategies but the management is not helpin , i dono y they hire me if they do not want to work in a HR organised environment but anyways if u get any solution for that then reply me.
rgds
anu

From India, Delhi
VEENA THAPPETA

HI,

This type of problem araises in small and medium sized companies, where seniors will be given more priority, but i thing i can tell you, if we are not going wrong we must not listen to any one.

You told that your uncle is the chair person, ask him to send a mail to you and cc to the senior management with whom you are facing the problem, stating your duties&responsibilties.So that you will have right to question them.

even u told that ur uncle is worried about the company, if he go against senior management of the company, he will face problems, for this problem you have to go in the senior management way and slowly you keep them into your grip, but to do this you need to have lots of patience, but no worries,being a hr we must have this.

Be employee freindly, know the problems of the employee, and keep them in front of your uncle, if possible ask your employees to send a confidential mail to your uncle stating their problems.

And don't think too much and spoil your health, go in a planned way, u will succeed

Takecare

Veena

From India, Hyderabad
rajee

hi.
everyone is asking me to be friendly to senior mgt, but being friendly i may have to forget HR, being friendly is doing according their wish.
and they do not want to implement any hr activities through me. that is their intention
rajee

From United States, Englewood
harshalee

ddiscus your role with your Seniors. Understand their expectations ask for your responsibilities and authorities. Arole analysis exercise may help.
From India, Pune
taleb
Rajee,

What you're doing at this company is not HR. You are only doing personnel related tasks. The difference here is that the decision is already made and they are throwing to you the bones of the fish for you to file in personnel records. Examples, hiring is done by them, all you need is to send him/her an offer to sign, create an employee file, dump the documents in the personnel records, and that's it.

Anyway, the reason why I was directed to this thread is because someone has mentioned something about Manpower Utilization. I have a catastrophic problem at my company. We are a construction company employing 5,000 employees and we have 293 different job titles. We have 5 different project sites with manpower from all positions. Our oracle system lacks updated information, not because our personnel assistants are not updating the system, it's because we cannot collect proper information from project sites. For example, our system states that we have 160 drivers and operators of heavy equipment, but our Equipment Manager's inventory of heavy equipment is 250 units! I tried to investigate the problem as I am working in manpower planning, scheduling and recruitment, and I have realized that there are 160 drivers & operators for 250 units of equipment which is somehow not possible. I tried to ask if all equipment are in use, and whether there is a driver or operator for each unit, but still no one had an answer. I realized it is lack of information here. Then we dug through the problem, we realized that some employees registered in the system as helper, mason, or even carpenters who were utlizied on site as equipment operators and drivers. Then I really felt too skeptical about the reliability and accuracy of the information in the oracle system. There are manpower in project sites who are utlizied for different positions but we are not being informed. And if we are not being informed, we cannot update our system and change the helper to a driver, and the carpenter to an operator. I realized in the end that not everything I read in the system is true, and I cannot trust the information, and the only way to correct the information is to conduct an investigation about all the 5,000 employees and do inventory of all the 293 job titles to be able to identify who's who and how manpower are utilized in each project site. Then I went into a deep contemplation of where to begin with, what are the tools to do this, how fast can I get such information, and how soon will the information change again. I realized in the end that we need a LIVE system, more like a STOCK MARKET CHART, that updates us on each and every change being done on site.

Can anyone guide me through the way how to collect information regarding actual manpower utilization on site? But I need an effective, efficient, and fast way to collect that information, and I need that information to be updated on demand, instantly, whenever modified. Am I being too demanding here? Is anyone facing the same problem?

I was considering a quick performance appraisal to be done to update us on the actual manpower utilization but I think it is not a good idea as the moment we change the job titles in the system, a huge number of job titles will be modified the next day!

Help before I drown :)

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.