No Tags Found!

sumantkhare

Hi,

You may consider adopting the following process to get started:

1. Based on last years appraisals, the appraisers would have indicated some individual development needs for each employee of their team. Collate these , department/ function wise and you will have training needs for an Individual Development Plan ( IDP).

2.Arrange for meeting with your HR / L&D Head and get his/her mind on what he sees as organizational training needs, such as Leadership and Management Development programs, Team Building workshops etc.

3. Meet with the HOD's of all functions and take their inputs on what they feel are requirements specific to their functions and collate these.

4. You will have the following inputs:

a) Requirements for training in functional/ hard skills

b) Requirements for training in Soft and Behavioral skills.

5. Keeping a batch size of 20, work out how many programs are required to be conducted in each of the above mentioned areas through the year.

6.Now prepare a tentative training plan i.e bunch up the programs quarter wise and assess if there are too many or too less in a quarter and make adjustments between quarters - depending upon when your company has lean and peak periods.

7 Show this to your supervisor for his approval.

8. Get down to detailing for preparing a monthly training calendar.

Trust this may be of use.

Regards,

Sumant Khare

M : 9650052490

From India, New Delhi
sumeshmohan
I think you can collect the materials from the site scribd.com, this site helps me to find so much things in HR policies. So just try it.
From India, Kottayam
rashee_sarkar

Hi
I am agreed with Mr Sastry. You should start with the existing dept. heads recomendations for training if they need so.
Whether your employees really needs training or problems lies somewhere else. If your organisation have 3000 employee strenght they wouldn't have grown up over night. First study their existing and past experience of training and start the exercise of TNA with consultation of Dept. Head.
If your boss have already done the TNA then ask for the information from him/her also that could be helpfull.
If you get the recommendations from dept. heads then you can start with rest of the activity with proper planning.
Thanks
Rashee

From India, Delhi
joanneb

I think the actual objective or what is being asked of you doesn't really have anything to do with training but to do with people management.

I think you are being asked to come up with procedures and processes to ensure that managers have training plans in place for their staff and following up on them. Your task is to put together a plan / process / procedure for all managers to follow so that they take the time to develop training plans according to their team requirements, allocate tasks to help the staff develop these skills, identify training courses / seminars that would suit the training objectives, follow up regularly to determine how far their staff are coming with their own development and application of the skills learned in a training session.

I think you can achieve this by determining a suitable process for each manager to follow, including guidelines for each stage, what they should be talking about with each team member, what type of behaviours they should be measuring, how to keep the team member on track and contiuously thinking of their own development and how to enable managers to manage and track their team's performance / development.

There is no directive for you to do a TNA, or train, or asses an employees skills after training, assess the applicability of the training facilities. This task is purely a task for you to design a plan to help managers manage their team's development.

An aside, this will only work if you can get support or already have in the manager's objectives that one of their priorities is to manage the development of their staff.

From United Kingdom, London
kumarmohana
[QUOTE=m7med;1174482]Thank you Dinesh Divekar for your response

I might not have explained well. so let me copy and paste What I have been asked to do :

- Ensure training plan of individual staff are met
Please divide the team into Logistics, HR, Accounts, Sales etc and work out how many people are there in each department.
- Follow-up on post training deployment and performance
This is on going process. You need to have a clear vision and mission programs and first find out what type of traininig programs are required. Logistics may require a different skill set, Accounts may require different and Sales and marketing will require total understanding of the entire organization.
- Initiate Personnel skill inventory
First you have to draw a simple format which should include the bio data in one sheet and ask them to assess their own SWOT. It must also contains all personal details.
In order to implement this, we must provide managers and employees with several systems, procedures and processes. It is with this intention that a complete and most appropriate and acceptable “Manpower Development Plan” is prepared and presented to assist employees to advance their career.
Do you have ISO certification if so why not?
What is the budget for the total training programs?
How many days each employee can devout for such training programs?
For doing these programs enough facility available within the company campus etc.
Do you have a list of all those who can do the training programs. Does the training requires outsiders or combination of outside faculty with internal which is one of the best I can suggest. Is the budget provides for expert to pitch in Etc.

Please remember one thing each employee has his own methodology to training as such. If a new recruit is there it is possible he will be more enthused than old personnel who may not be ready for change.
So you need any more ideas or training on Sales do call me.
Narayan S
Bengaluru
Welcome to Paradigm Power

From India, Madras
manojsingh.knp

dear, please find the attached files for your help.....for any clarification please feel free to contact undersigned thanks, manoj singh +919760011462
From India, Shimla
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf TRAINING GROUP 2010.pdf (8.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf Training Calendar 2010.pdf (50.8 KB, 126 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.