D. John Carson
When you joined the company, did you ever see a "job description" for yourself? If not, I would search out through other company management about "job descriptions" for them.
I going to make the assumption, the boss doesn't have any in place, and that is why he is too busy to talk or work with you. Since the payroll meter is already running, and you figure your bored, then this work, if used by yourself here or at the next place would not be a negative project.
If you work on that area, you may be able to transfer jobs tasks from upper management to other management or non-management personel and make time available for positive business growth planning, reducing the amount of time making decisions based on bad previous planning.
John

From Canada, Burnaby
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Hi Frns….
I am facing a problem in my organization. Basically I am working with an ITES company. My boss appoint me as HR executive ovrhre bt he don’t know the actual meaning of HR responsibilities.

My Friend how many years of Experience Do u have. How come did you judge that your boss doesnt know the actual meaning of HR. You say that your Boss appointed you HR Executive.

Please check your attitude Quotient.

Recently I joined this org. previously I was working with their competitor. There are more than 20 days has been away of my joining but my boss didn’t give me any signal kind of work not even filing work.

Only 20 Days of Joining the Job, You say that You have not got a Job & so soon you get frustrated by the Same. How many new things you have learned in the process of Filing.,

In initial days of my joining he told me to prepare all the documents which required in IT companies which I had prepared within three days. And told him that I have prepared all the documents please check it out but still they didn’t check it.

On wat Basis, you prepared the dcouments. Have u done an Analysis that whether you have done is right or any additional information required on the same. How come you know that they have not checked the documents. did u ask them why they did not check the same.

Whenever I go in his cabin to discuss my role and responsibilities, he alwz said right now m busy… will call u later on….

How many times in the past 20 days you have gone to his cabin. When you are able to judge in 20 days that your boss does not know anything, why you are not able to judge what time u can approach him. Please think on the same.

Have u sent a mail to him stating that about your current situation to your boss.

Have u ever asked ur Boss when exactly i should get back to you, whenever he say will catch u later

Actually spending 9 hrs in any org without any kind of work is not easy. I am just thinking I m wasting my time and their money too.

This is your presumption. in this 20 days, you should have got along with all employees to understand them very well, their nature of work, their issues, analysed their plus & minuses etc.,

Please tell me wht could be the reason for not giving me work. And what I should do in this case.

Till date with how many employees u have interacted so far. how many employee's name u know & u will be abel to recall.

Please understand when u r pointing a finger on others, there are 4 fingers pointing towards you. Please remember that.

Please go to your Boss with clear Fresh Mind,

Neevr Hesitate for anything in Life

Let Success be On Ur Side

From India, Coimbatore
Dada37

Swati, What a surprise your boss don’t know the actual meaning of HR.....but you know all thing abt hr !!!!!!!!!! Little learning is a dangerous thing.... dada
From India, New Delhi
keerthi8508

Hi buddy, you got to speak with your boss regarding this bec its very difficult to be idle and you are the looser since you are not getting anything to learn and use your unique capabilities.
Break the wall. just make your boss to understand that you are not here for just time pass.
mean while i would suggest you to take this opportunity to know the company properly and the areas where you can put some extra efforts to help the organisation to grow with you.
Regards
keerthi

From India, Bangalore
vispryal
Dear Swati,
What i feel that this is the right time to study the environment & Work place for the better prospertive for a excellent change.
So try to understnd the company,People,work flow & do the analysis for the same & when the time comes u present urself so well then things will change auto matically
Thanks
vishnu

From India, Mumbai
sunil8888
Hi Swati,
Sometimes, being political, bosses tend to intentionally behave in such a manner, so that it proves in front of other staff members that you are good for nothing and you dont do anything and your contribution is zero. This way they will try to prove that the decision to hire you was wrong. There are several reasons of such attitude, one of which is you being more smarter and educated than your boss, and the second could be you were brought without his approval. If these are the reasons, you have to be extra cautions since he might be spreading negative feedback to other seniors so that your doors for any alternative arrangements to save your job gets closed.
Sunil

From India, New Delhi
harshalb80
Dear Swati,
Talk to your the reporting Manager or the head of the department, get the things clarified by them, even if things are not cleared, write a mail to them marking a copy to your head of the organization and take it professionally from there.
Also, please remember to do the verfication about the company where you taking the interview or before joining the organization...the verfication should consists of your superior, reporting Manager/s, attrition, organization, your growth in the function and then probably make a decision on joining them or not, rather than complaining after joining the organization.

From India, Bangalore
swarnajyothimadanu
Hi swathi,
I do agree with Harshal. Strart updating your knowledge on HR through sites. This will help you always.
Take initiation & start working. As you are telling that, your boss is busy, why don't you put some official mail on your initiation on the work. There he'll reply you back.
Regards,
Swarna.

From India, Hyderabad
swatisharma2502
I wish i could do this... bt in this org. thr is no intranet facility. and i cant use my personal ID to mail him. bz its not allow.....
From India, Mumbai
parulkakkar

Hi Swati,

Out of your post above all i could get to learn was that since you dont have work you are feeling filthy. Start thinking positively about the situation. As many of the people have adviced you earlier, my advice will also be that you should spend time analysing the organisation culture there, make your notes. As it might be possible that one fine day your boss may call you to ask you that what have you noticed yet in these amny days in the co. At that point of time you cant say that he didnt give you enough work to do.

You are an HR professional, act like the same. Dont wait for someone to spoon feed your KRAs. I am sure you must be told a hint of your work areas while interview. Start working on that front. I am sure there would be 100s of areas where you as an HR can contribute. Start preparing employee handbook, study their present HR structure, does it exist or not, if not then better for you. You have got full area of work to perform. Start preparing manuals, letter drafts, policies & procedures, employee welfare scheme that may be psossible in your co. (enlist them atleast). Once you have done all this, i am sure whenever your boss will call you for work, he'll be delighted to see that you have utilised your idle time in the right direction. This way you'll pass ur time also in a better way and finally u will win ur boss's confidence too. Thus, dont waste ur precious time, start working!

All the best!!

Regards,
Parul

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.