No Tags Found!

uwadhwa

I would also like to add here that it may be that your boss is genuinely busy. Find a suitable time to talk to him. Try to follow-up with him on an e-mail, send reminders that you want some time to discuss your work. If the Company has hired you, you will definitely make your contributions, and the your Boss will realize that!
From India, Hyderabad
Shweta Swarnkar

I would sugggest you to slowly slowly go through the policies, HR process, and look for any suggestions, make a note. I hope you are not the only one HR over there.
From improvement point of view, try to see where some changes for goodness can be implemented, note all such points. this way you will learn, will be able to show your intereste in work and how well you utilised your time.
You can also hlp your collegues in HR department, again utilisation of time plus learning.
Not to forget, read more and more citehr, post, discuss and share knowledge.
All are my suggestions, do what you think is the best as per the environment.
Regards,
Shweta

From India
komal_mhrod06@yahoo.com
Hi Swati,
Have patience,they are testing your patience,its one of the management tool
it's all rubbish & crap.
Don't go on wasting your time there,be practical & pragmatic.
His attitude shows that he is not serious for your function for sure i.e HR.
It's stupid to assume that he was so busy that he couldn't even give you few minutes to discuss your KRA's in last 20 days.
I would suggest keep applying to other place while being there.
keep studing new updates from such HR sites & blogs.
Keep reading & shining.
All the best for a better place to work for.
Komal

From India, Delhi
Tanu Krishnan
Hi
There are lots of ways to keep oneself busy...go through the information on the net which would help you in the future and will update your general knowledge.This will make you stand out in the crowd not only today but everyday.Also start networking with your colleagues .....it would do good
Thanks
Tanu Krishnan

From India, Faridabad
komal_mhrod06@yahoo.com
Really very very sad to know this,I can understand your situation very well.
Now my dear HR friends,stick to such place where evven one does not have internet access................
This leaves no more doubt,its certainly not the right place to work for..........
Than I would suggest swati,everyday in the evening apply to other openings from your home pc & call up to ppl to share that your are looking for change............
try,try,& try.U will succeed.
May god bless u.

From India, Delhi
arc

hi swati,
wait for few more days, donot disturb him for 2-3 weeks and even then if this continues,
As harshal said mean while u can do some research work & collect some data, go thru the hr policies & procedures being followed right now in ur co., If u can try to suggest some new things/ add some thing to those being followed. Be prepared frm your side and after 2 weeks take an appointment with ur boss, ask ur boss to spare few minutes for u. he will certainly give u sometime becoz u didnot disturb him since 2-3weeks & discuss with him regarding the research work done & also regarding your responsibilities.
All the best!!!!!

From India, Hyderabad
Balaji Kuppuswamy

Hi Swati, I feel what the real member says is right to the core and worth thinking and acting upon it. regards KB
From India, Madras
vijaydhavale
Hi Swati
There is lot of things come in life especially at new work place.
If you like and want to free from boredom do the following -
1. Go through the old records.
2. Understand the colleagues.
3. Try to understand the organisation and their needs
4. Prepare for the opportunities.
5. Talk to friends, they will help you out. Remember don't predict any thing and don't give your remarks.
6. Read updates. Do not disclose. There is right time for every thing.
7. Keep yourself happy and always smile.
Regards
Vijay
Every day in your life, starts with opportunities and ends with experience.

From India, Mumbai
narayanjsawant
Hey Swati,
I was also going through the same problem as yours wen i joined my current Organisation.
I was sitting idle for almost more than a month and even i aslo didn't had the authority to do or plan anything in the organisation in that period.
But i utilized that time in studying all the Insurance files, Accounts Statement given by the previous person in my HR, Observing the people in the Organisation how r they working, also i was interacting with Managers & Executives in the other department in the mornning & evening tea break, i also by-hearted the names and total number of people in each department, that helped me to keep MIS on the tip of my fingers.
Mark my words this this will really help you in future.
Regards,
Narayan Sawant

From India, Aurangabad
asitav.nanda
Hey Swati,
Dont get upset dear. This happens as told by Balaji , management tolls are like this only. Some people also call it honeymoon period(LOL) , but some small organisations follow these strategies for check patience. Best idea during this time would be the employee relation. Go out of your cabin, visit premises, Talk to people, mix up with them, take it as a task. But make sure you are not disturbing others. By talking to people you will find the pros and cons within the HR policies. Prepare some documents. Try to push your boss a bit, ask him if he is free for 5-10 mins before the Lunch. or you may try a different approch go to your boss with a packet of sweets and tell him that you had a puja at your home and you want to share prasad with him. then remind him that you are feeling bored as you dont have any work and want to talk to him for 5 10 mins and discuss about those documents or your future responsibilities. Try these ideas this may work.
Thnks,
Asitav

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.