Madhu Sudhanan.S.M

Hi
Taking the New Employees in person to all is waste of time. Even the new employee will not remember all the 77 by name. He/she will also be confused on the same.
You can introduce to the Department heads atleast. So it will be useful for the New Employee and it will save time for u.
Regards,
Madhu Sudhanan

From India, Mumbai
Rajat Joshi

Hi Cheena,
Its reasonable on the part of the staff to say that they would like to be introduced personally..good sign it shows that they care for the organization and new joinees.. :D
One to one may take a time and often it can be taxing on the part of new comers to remember names..what we would suggest is that try to make the induction interesting not only for the new comers as well as for the employees! ..would like to share with you what we had done recently with two engineers who had joined our organization..we have a system of morning meeting which is scheduled every morning attended by all ( 30 of us)..
First i introduced them to all and everyone was requested to introduce the person sitting to their left and so on without talking about themselves..it includes their personal likes and hobbies..it was fun and a learning session for all..
Best wishes,
Rajat

From India, Pune
pallavi_12

Hi Friend,
Its good that you are sending introduction mail.
It would be more effective, if you introduce the new joinee to each and every person on the day he/she joines the company.
It will help them to know something about each other like previous experience, education and family etc.
And no of employees is 77 right, just introduce whoever avaiable on that day.
If the number is more than 100, then will be difficult.
Thanks
Pallavi.

From India, Mumbai
waseem_cheena
I would like to agree with Madhu.
Some there are 4 joinees in a day, and me going around introducing them to all staff [now reaching 100] I think is not smart.
1. Induction mail should serve the purpose.
2. Introduction to the team members of the team he would join is must.
3. Introduction to key people e.g. HR persons, CEO, COO etc is IMPORTANT
4. And when an Induction mail is sent, rest of employees send welcome mail to him, and he replies tracing who the sender is. In this way he himself remembers the name and the person.
5. Introducing to the team heads is also important
6. Introuducing is just a part of Induction, there are several things new joinee has to be told, you cannot except HR to be introducing to all unless its HR person itself joining
:lol:

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.