banani.dutta09@gmail.com
HI ,everyone
We generally very much aware of situation ..we are so busy to impress other 1 that even if we are not like that but still we mention that one only...
like for example.."I can't bear with keeping my official work pending for the next day."
just think if maximum people will reply that kind of answer then what the interviewer will think.
YES,you can tell this one but it should be relevant ..
instead of that..you can say ur own weakness but put it in a positive way..that is the mantra.
So,that interviewer will feel that the guy is so genuine...
I have faced many interviews,you know what happened ..?
All my friends told the same weakness..
and you can guess about the result ..r8?
So ,try to identify yourself...

From India, Hyderabad
avinash.tavares

Hi Shree,

The statement you've given "the same work or same routine makes me dull, I need new challenges and new thing to learn, to motivate myself" implies that you like to work with new things, not necessarily the old stuff makes you dull. I assume you brush your teeth the same way since the time you started to and will continue as long as you have teeth. :-)

We need to rephrase our statements so that it simply cannot be taken in a way that proves you are not fit for the job. If i were you, i would rephrase your statement and say "I believe routine work is essential in any job. People may say its boring to do routine jobs but I keep myself motivated by learning new things such as... (give examples) and taking up challenges that help me grow and be better overall."

There is no negative statement in it, except for the one about boring job. That too, I don't say that the job is boring, people do. (Something I learnt from Barkha Dutt in her interviews) ;-)

Regards

Avinash Tavares

Trainer, Consultant & Life Coach

youthempowermentsolutions(dot)org

From India, Pune
ashokkalia16

I somewhat agree with what Avinash is trying to bring out. If you insist on spelling out a weaknesses like "I trust people very easily" or " I cannot keep office work pending"...... etc, come on man, who are we dealing with? Do you want your so called " for the sake of the interview" weakness become a threat for you?

If you are really honest, why refer to it as a weakness. Why not a challenge? Say that my biggest challenge is to stop "my habit of planning office tasks for the coming week during the weekend, week after week, lest I get burnt out. I want to learn to let go and take a break for a day" or " my getting so attached to my team that any member relocating or moving out makes me feel that maybe had I convinced him/her more he/she would have stayed; knowing that change is the only constant".

In case you are unsure, the safest bet is to stick to issues which are not job related. This sort of a question is more for a reading of a body language since though you may have rehearsed the answer before the interview, you actually are not sure how it will be appreciated.

Look into the eyes and just answer honestly. As you will keep getting towards senior levels, it will keep changing dimensions.

Regards,

Ashok

From India, Pune
rahuly004
hello Avinash sir,
I really like your explanation that what to tell at the time of the interview about weakness.
The thing which make your answer uniqe, is you think as a interviewer not as interviewee.
Thanks & Regard
Deepak Yadav

From India, Delhi
saiyad

i absolutely agree with avinash, iam from fiji islands here in the pacific, most of you wouldnt now where this place is but i read these forums everyday. saiyad shah
From Fiji, Suva
avinash.tavares

Hi
Thanks for the appreciation of my post. Hope it help you all for your next interview.
Saiyad, i do know where fiji is (lucky you :-) ) because my favorite author has a hotel down there, Hotel Namale, and that is one place i will definitely visit. If you guessed this personality you must read his books.

From India, Pune
anjali.gupta.blore@gmail.com
Hii..

Good to read all the content about weekness. But i have one doubt, If any HR professional says i trust people easily.. Is that gives a negative impact.
Or How can we say this in a positive way?

Pls guide as per my question.
With Regrds
Anjali

From India, Delhi
avinash.tavares

When a person says "I trust people easily" there are two meanings to it. To him/her all other people are positive, helpful and friendly in their behavior TILL these other people betray him/her in anyway. The second, more important one, is that the first impression of another person is generally positive. These two qualities are great to have for an HR professional. Would you join a company where the people we look up to during tough times (among other days) in the company are hostile and prejudice? No, I didn't think so.

"In any environment, Trust breeds Trust and positivity breeds positivity, however there are a few times when I've trusted people and they've let me down. People might call it a weakness, but because my inherent trust in people have got to meet some wonderful people in my life and career. If along the way, I meet one or two people who let me down, well, i look at it as a learning experience and it make you a better judge of character, doesn't it?."

Anjali, if you can relate to this, which im sure does, you can put it in this way. Hope it proves useful to you.

Avinash Tavares

Trainer & Life Coach

YouthEmpowermentSolutions(dot)org

From India, Pune
Amit.786@live.in
My Weakness is " Sometimes I push my people too hard in order to get the work done on time."
From India, Mumbai
avinash.tavares

Hi Amit,
Do you believe that or has someone told you that? If you get results for the company and the people who you "push" benefit, than that's ok... actually great! If the employees don't like it now, it's because they dont understand how its benefiting them. If you are "not" getting they results, then your weakness is that you are pushing people the wrong way-that's not weakness, that's disastrous.
Assuming you are getting the results, if I were you, I would say :
"I GET RESULTS and when I work for it i push myself hard and i push others hard as well. Some people might not like it and there are times when i'm not able to help them understand how it will be beneficial to them. One can call it a weakness. Only when the job is done successfully and everyone gets appreciated for it, do they realize why I pushed them so hard."

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.