No Tags Found!

abhigargatte

Dear Saswata & HRK

100kg (means 6 cylinders maximum in terms of quantity of cylinders -Domestic 14.2kg capacity) one can keep at one location unconnected though cylinders are properly sealed and fitted with Derlin Cap put on those. This rule is meant for LPGas Distributors and not to anybody else. It means when it exceeds 100kg it needs Licence to store or to keep collectovely. Other than LPGas distributors one family cannot be in possession of more than 2 domestic cylinders (one connected to stove and another in store as additional). LpGas Distributors normally keep not more than 6 cylinders (filled) at their shop for quick/emergency supply for which license is not needed as they have licensed godown. Other than LPGas Distributors one cannot be in possession of LPGas cylinder (even ONE of any capacity -5 kg to 47.5kg) without proper document called SV.

As far as Mr HRK's case is concerned if installed capacity of Manifold is exceeding 1000kg it needs Licence to be issued by The Chief Controller of Explosives, Nagpur. You have to have adequate size of Manifold Location with fencing and open space all arround the Installation. The rule book is too big. Hence go for LoT Manifold Installtion which comprises less number of cylinders in one manifold.

Regard.

abhinandan

From India, Hubli
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg Installation.JPG (1.61 MB, 577 views)
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf LPG Code of Practise.pdf (135.1 KB, 701 views)

srinivasan_ts

Dear Sir, LPG domestic cylinders can not be used in industrial purpose and one can keep only Five cylinders with out license , industrial cylinder capacity is 19 kgs. regards, T.S.SRINIVASAN
From India, Pondicherry
saswatabanerjee

There are 2 acts that govern PESO.
Cylinder rules is under Petrolium act
The other is explosives act
They are both applicable, not in alternate.
The cylinder rules say "possession". Nothing there says its for LPG distributors only. Anyone having LPG cylinders in their possession, irrespective of whether it's connected or stored, will have to follow the rules.
Further, wee are talking of commercial gas cylinders in a factory, not domestic cylinders in a home.

From India, Mumbai
abhigargatte

Dear All
Distributor is authorised to have possession and can store at licensed premises. Others can have or in possession of legal way procured cylinder. either domestic or industrial. But with no valid document one cannot have or in possession of one single cylinder filled or empty. I hope this is clear.
Now industrial/commercial cylinders are available in 5kg, 19kg, 35kg and 47.5kg packages (capacity). I am putting both domestic and industrial aspects of rule and act of LPG Code of Practice. For all others (other than gas distributors) possession of cylinders is by way of valid document. And such legally obtained cylinders in industrial case cannot be unconnected or loosely stored. These cylinders(empty or filled) should be connected to the user line or manifold. I think it is clear.
Regards.
abhinandan

From India, Hubli
saswatabanerjee

Without documentation (meaning license), anyone can have up to 100kg of LPG in cylinders. That is 5 cylinders in case of standard 19.5kg commercial cylinders. Where does it say you can not have more than 1 cylinder ?
The point in OP was about whether he can have 1000 kg in LPG gas cylinders in a manifold. The ISI / BIS rule and norm for setting up manifold is one aspect. There is also another aspect that is covered under Explosive Act and Petroleum Act that needs to be adhered to.

From India, Mumbai
srin34
The builder in an apartment complex of more than 1000 apartments has built a Reticulated LPG supply system which has many design faults and no references to the Gas safety rules or IS 6044. The gas bank is a single one with about 3500 kg of gas in several cylinders with a vaporiser at the edge of the multistory complex. The pipe lengths are quite large and only a two stage regulation is used for each apartment. The controls are not easily accessible .
I would like to know what are the statutory approvals one should have for accepting such a system. Though the quantity of gas is large, Inspectorate of Explosives are refusing to issue any certificate.
How do we accept such a system which has flouted many rules ? I am told that the major oil company's certificate is enough who has done the installation and will supply the gas.
Are there any private parties who can do Hazop and safety audit and issue the certificate ?
Any guidelines ?
Srini

From India, Bangalore
kvsundaram

Dear Mr. sudhir,
Thank you for the input. Additionally, all the fittings used in that location are to be spark proof.
Dear Abhinandan,
Thank you for your detailed explanation. As we are not handling LPG, it was not known. This is a nice learning.

From India, Delhi
abhigargatte

Dear Mr HRK
If Installed capacity doesn't exceed 1000kg then LICENSE from Explosive Department is not required. However you need to have in possession of PRESSURE & LEAK TEST REPORT with Drawing details layout duly signed to be furnished by the contractor who has carried out the installation. This is very essential. Have proper ventilation at the bottom and at top of the manifold/storage room. No electric switches or lamps/bulbs to be used in the cylinder premises. You can use concealed bulbs approved by the authority (the contractor knows this) with the switch placed in the other location. As far as possible please avoid this. No mobile phones to be used in the manifold room. No smoking too. Get replaced the empty cylinders with filled ones by the authorized delivery boy.
Dear Mr Srini
Pl give couple of days to solve your query.
Thanks & Warm Regards
Abhinandan.

From India, Hubli
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear Srini,

I have a question this is the MAJOR mistake ever did in INDIA when you given a contract to CONTRACTORS you should provide SOW to contractors prior to BID in that SOW should includes which standards they should follow, They must need to provide as build drawing, test certificates, warranty certificates etc..,, As you mentioned which has many design faults and no references to the Gas safety rules or IS 6044. . . its 100% purely your fault. . . Never give a chance to contractors or subcontractors to speak as a customer we need to say what we need. . .

We are not pro-active on your case what ever we said to sub contractor they do the same we are failed to direct them rightly. . .

If go by NFPA 70: NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE May you will get all electrical standard requirements of gas storage area.

Then Mr.Abhinandhan highlight one good point regarding Mobile phone usage in manifold room. You can place sign boards whatever it is you can’t control they can used the phone in this case better you can install ‘’cell Phone Jammer ‘’ cell Phone mobile Jammer transmits low power radio signals to cut-off communications between cell phone and cellular base-stations.

What I suggest in this case better to contact any good consultant make sure you did it right because in an apartment complex of more than 1000 apartments if something went wrong it will become a disaster.

Prevention is better than cure. . .

Thanks for your input Mr.Abhinandhan. . .

Keep on Sharing. . .

From United States, Fpo
srin34
I would like to discuss with you more openly but I cannot do in this thread due to limitations imposed. How can I get your eMail address / phone ? Will the Editor help ?
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.