No Tags Found!

bharwansanjeev
Dear All
As per the Circular No. 78/2013/EPS(EC Guidelines for Delhi Election) below are the guidelines we need to follow:
1. Only those employees who are entitled to vote can avail paid leave on the day of poll.
2. We can make it mandatory for all the employees who would like to avail leave on account of election to submit a copy of their Voter ID Card to their superior at least a day before. In case of failure of submission of the relevant document (“Voter ID Card”) it would be considered as leave without pay.
3. It is to be noted, that the Circular is not applicable up on any voter whose absence may cause danger or substantial loss to the Company.
4. Daily wage/casual workers are also entitled for a paid holiday.
Regards,
Bharwan Sanjeev

From India
ravindra waghmare

I UNDERSTAND WHAT MR A S SHARMA JI HAS MENTIONED .... IN CASE WHERE HOURLY PAYMENTS ARE MADE... THE 2/3 HOURS CONCESSION MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE ????
HOWEVER,THERE ARE MANY MANY PRIVATE ORGANISATIONS OF MUMBAI WHO GIVE 2/3 HOURS CONCESSIONS THAN AN ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTION OF WEEKLY OFF... AND THAT IS OK BY LAW TOO....
THIS IS ALSO THE REALITY.
THANKS,
WAGHMARE

From India, Mumbai
sandeepg729

In view of the Assembly elections, we have to take cognizance of Election Commissions directive under Section 135B of the Representation of the People Act -1951 , which provides for the grant of paid holiday to the employees belonging to state where elections are taking place, on the day of poll.
All employees and contractual workers must be given paid holiday and are free to exercise their franchise.
Regards,
Sandeep

From India, Delhi
Neeraj2604
Hi, I’m resident of Delhi & working in an IT company in Noida. There is no holiday & nothing is planned. Please advise let me know what should be done.
From India, Delhi
rawatms
Dear All, We are enclosing General Circular for General Elections to be held in Delhi for State Legislative Assembly 2013.
From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf election day.pdf (182.3 KB, 260 views)

pon1965

Though it is declared holiday on Dec 4th at Delhi, decision is not yet taken to declare holiday in NCR on 4th Dec. I don't think they will declare holiday for NCR on Dec 4th as they can't have how many Voters from Delhi are working in NCR. The individual companies shall allow the bonafide voters to exercise their franchise.
pon

From India, Lucknow
rajubhatnagar

Hi again,
I am attaching the instructions issued by the Election Commission - No 78 / 2013 / EPS dated 24 October 2013 re Paid Holiday for elections being held in State Assemblies. These are the current instructions and are quite clear regarding their intent and expectation.
Pon1965 is correct in observing that granting of a paid holiday across NCR is unlikely. However, in order to ensure that no eligible voter is deprived of his right to cast his vote, if there are voters working in NCR (outside Delhi) whose office is open and working on the 4th December, paid leave could be granted to such employees on a case to case basis, provided they are able to show proof of having cast their vote i.e., by showing the black ink mark of having cast their vote. This is not an easy task but it is an option that could be explored.
Regards
Raju Bhatnagar

From India, Bangalore
File Type: pdf Election Commission - No 78 - 2013 - EPS dated 24 October 2013 re Paid Holiday.pdf (1.14 MB, 65 views)

uday.singh

Pls. find enclosed herewith Notification for Declaration of Public Holiday on 4th December 2013 and notification under NIA, issued by Delhi Govt. for General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Delhi.
Regards,
Uday

From India, New Delhi
File Type: pdf Delhi Election 2013 Holiday Notification.pdf (633.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf Holiday Notification-NIA.pdf (588.9 KB, 206 views)
File Type: pdf Odr201363455.pdf (155.7 KB, 64 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.